Obama offers his condolences to Jennifer HudsonOctober 26th, 2008 - 6:10 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, October 26 (ANI): Senator Barack Obama has offered his condolences to singer Jennifer Hudson who lost her mother and brother in a double murder on October 24.
The Democratic presidential candidate extended his support to the 27-year-old whose young missing nephew is yet to be found.
“Michelle and I were absolutely heartbroken to learn about this unimaginable tragedy and we want Jennifer to know that she is in our thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time,” People magazine quoted the Illinois senator, as saying in a statement.
“We also pray for the swift and safe return of her young nephew,” he added.
The runner-up on American Idol had sung the national anthem during the Democratic National Convention in August after a personal request from Obama’’s campiagne.
Talking of Hudson in a statement issued to People, he said: “She has done so much for the campaign. Everyone here was just so shocked and saddened. (ANI)
- Jennifer Hudson says family's murders were "all a blur, surreal" - Jun 30, 2010
- Jennifer Hudson to open up about family tragedy - Jun 29, 2010
- Police find boy's body in Hudson triple murder case - Oct 28, 2008
- Obama remembers Donna Summer - May 20, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson plans to sell family murder house - Dec 24, 2009
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Jennifer Hudsons mother, brother found murdered in their Chicago home - Oct 25, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson to perform at White House - Nov 25, 2009
- Hudson offers reward for information on missing nephew - Oct 27, 2008
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- Bollywood mourns death of Azharuddin's son - Sep 16, 2011
- Plane crashes during Reno air show; at least 2 dead, 62 injured - Sep 17, 2011
- Six dead, U.S. Congresswoman Giffords among at least 12 injured in Az. shooting - Jan 09, 2011
- Obama denounces Sikh Gurudwara shooting - Aug 06, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson 'divine' with baby boy - Aug 12, 2009
Tags: american idol, barack obama, brother, condolences, democratic national convention, democratic presidential candidate, double murder, illinois senator, jennifer hudson, national anthem, nephew, october 24, october 26, people magazine, personal request, safe return, senator barack obama, thoughts and prayers, tragedy, very difficult time