NYSE proposal for commodity exchange among 15 approvedMay 2nd, 2008 - 3:15 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) A proposal from the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) for a 5 percent stake in a commodities exchange, worth Rs.2.18 billion ($55 million), is among the 15 schemes approved by Finance Minister P. Chidambaram, an official statement said Friday. As recommended by the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), the minister also gave his nod to a proposal from Metal One Corp of Japan to set up a wholly owned subsidiary with an investment of $8 million.
The net investments envisaged by the 15 proposals approved by Chidambaram entail Rs.3.08 billion ($70 million), the statement added.
He, however, rejected a proposal from JM Financial Ventures of Mumbai for fresh foreign equity in a company that would make investments in the equity shares and other securities in Indian listed and un-listed companies.
This apart, a proposal from Mauritius-based Indivision India Partners to induct foreign equity in a company engaged in merchant banking and other non-banking financial activities was among the four on which no decision was taken.
- Government okays 14 FDI proposals worth Rs.1,584 crore - Jul 24, 2012
- Eight FDI proposals approved - Dec 15, 2010
- India approves Walt Disney's Rs.1,000 crore investment - Aug 23, 2012
- 16 FDI proposals worth over $20 million accepted - Jun 07, 2011
- Government says no wrongdoing in clearing Aircel-Maxis deal (Second Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Government okays FDI proposals worth Rs.4,341 crore - Jan 13, 2011
- India clears 22 FDI proposals worth $112.5 million - Apr 20, 2012
- Aircel-Maxis deal: Government denies wrongdoing (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- India clears 20 FDI proposals worth $373 million - Jan 10, 2012
- FII investment limit in corporate bonds raised to $25 billion - Sep 12, 2011
- Govt okays 19 FDI proposals worth $959 million (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- No equity in any telecom firm: Chidambaram - May 14, 2012
- Capital gains tax on private equity lowered - May 07, 2012
- World's richest man to hold stake in new Spanish bank - May 12, 2011
- Foreign Direct Investment in India to be more user friendly - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: commodities exchange, commodity exchange, finance minister, foreign investment promotion board, india partners, indivision, investment promotion board, listed companies, merchant banking, mumbai, New Delhi, new york stock, new york stock exchange, nod, nyse, p chidambaram, percent stake, proposal, worth rs, york stock exchange