NYSE Euronext to get stake in Indian commodities exchangeFebruary 15th, 2008 - 6:35 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Feb 15 (IANS) NYSE Euronext Inc, the world’s largest securities exchange group, will acquire five percent equity in Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX), India’s leading commodity exchange, it was announced Friday. Financial Technologies India Ltd, a stakeholder of MCX, announced that NYSE Euronext has signed an agreement to this effect.
The five percent equity investment is the maximum equity interest permitted to foreign investors in derivative exchanges under current Indian law.
The closing of the transaction is expected to take place during the first half of 2008, subject to relevant regulatory approvals.
Jignesh Shah, managing director and CEO of MCX, said: “The milestone bears testament to the quality of the institution we have built, where the best of India and the world converge. It is a statement on India’s economic standing and we are proud to be part of it.”
MCX is country’s leading commodity exchange for the trading of precious metals, ferrous and non-ferrous metals, energy agriculture and industrial commodities.
NYSE Euronext, a holding company created by the combination of NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) Group Inc and Euronext NV, was launched in April 2007.
NYSE Euronext operates the world’s largest exchange group. It brings together six cash equities exchanges in five countries and six derivatives exchanges, is a world leader for listings, trading in cash equities, equity and interest rate derivatives, bonds and the distribution of market data.
- NYSE Euronext picks up 5 percent in MCX - Jul 02, 2008
- MCX-SX to have 40-stock barometer index - Sep 12, 2012
- Gontermann-Peipers expects FMC nod for commodity exchange - Sep 15, 2010
- Vedanta merges units to create India's largest resources firm (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- UAE aluminium product listed on London Metals Exchange - Dec 14, 2010
- India sees greater trade with Ethiopia thanks to tariff pact (With Image) - Dec 02, 2010
- India keen to set up fertiliser plants in Saudi Arabia - Nov 26, 2010
- Court urges SEBI, MCX-SX to amicably resolve issues - Sep 16, 2011
- MCX-SX currency futures turnover rises tenfold - Aug 01, 2009
- Need for early conclusion of investment promotion issue with Nigeria: Anand Sharma - Mar 16, 2011
- TRAI imposes 5 paise deterrant for pesky messages - Oct 25, 2011
- Satyam to delist shares from Euronext Amsterdam - Apr 14, 2009
- Toronto, London stock exchanges to merge to form new global giant - Feb 09, 2011
- Markets to hold special Diwali trading session Wednesday - Oct 25, 2011
- MCX gets nod to begin stock exchange operations (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Oct 31, 2008
Tags: best of india, cash equities, commodities exchange, derivative exchanges, equity interest, exchange group, ferrous and non ferrous metals, foreign investors, industrial commodities, interest rate derivatives, mcx india, multi commodity exchange, multi commodity exchange of india, multi commodity exchange of india ltd, new york stock, new york stock exchange, non ferrous metals, nyse euronext inc, precious metals, york stock exchange