Number of new telecom subscribers dips in AprilJune 1st, 2009 - 2:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) The Indian telecom industry saw a dip in the number of new subscribers in April - 11.75 million telephone connections were added, compared to 15.87 million in March, an official statement said here Monday.
The number of telephone connections reached 441.47 million in April from 429.72 million a month before, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) said in a statement.
Overall tele-density reached 37.94 from 36.98.
The total wireless subscribers (GSM, CDMA and wireless local loop-fixed) base stood at 403.66 million with addition of 11.90 million subscribers in April, the statement said.
Additions to the number of wireless subscribers also dipped after reporting a record 15.64 million new connections in March.
In the wireline segment, the subscriber base decreased 0.15 million to 37.81 million in April from 37.96 million.
However, the number of broadband subscribers grew from 6.22 million to 6.28 million.
- Number of new telecom subscribers dips in April (Lead) - Jun 01, 2009
- Telecom growth continues with 15.87 mn new connections - Apr 22, 2009
- Telecom subscriber base growth dips in May - Jun 19, 2009
- India adds record 15.6 mn new phone users in March (Lead) - Apr 22, 2009
- India adds record 15.6 mn new phone users in March (Second Lead) - Apr 22, 2009
- India has 706 million mobile connections: TRAI - Dec 27, 2010
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- Telecom sector revenues cross Rs.40,000 crore - Jul 13, 2009
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 893.84 mn - Jan 30, 2012
- India's mobile subscriber base crosses 865.7 mn - Oct 20, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base crosses 840 mn - Jul 07, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base touches 811.59 million - Apr 29, 2011
- India now has 811.59 mn mobile phone subscribers (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Teledensity in India touches 51.05 percent - Mar 29, 2010
- India adds 20.3 million telephone subscribers in March - Apr 26, 2010
Tags: additions, broadband subscribers, cdma, density, dips, indian telecom, million subscribers, New Delhi, new telecom, segment, subscriber base, tele, telecom industry, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, telephone connections, trai, wireless local loop, wireless subscribers