Nuclear power seminar to start in Chennai MondayJanuary 3rd, 2010 - 11:35 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 3 (IANS) Around 600 people connected with nuclear power industry across the world will participate in the three-day conference on ‘Materials and Manufacturing in Nuclear Industry’ organised by Indian Nuclear Society (INS) commencing here Monday.
The conference will be inaugurated by Anil Kakodkar, former chairman Atomic Energy Commission, while P. Rama Rao, president of INS, will deliver the presidential address.
The current chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission, Srikumar Banerjee will give a plenary talk on Material Science and Technology in Nuclear Industry.
Power equipment major Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd’s CMD B. Prasada Rao will be one of the key speakers at the conference.
- Asian nuclear conference starts Monday - Oct 09, 2010
- Need to source steel for power plants locally: Experts - Jan 04, 2010
- Conference on strategic electronics at Hyderabad - Nov 23, 2011
- Nuke scientist is Kashmir varsity chancellor - Aug 13, 2012
- Jaitapur nuclear plant site safe, say scientists - Mar 14, 2011
- Experts to discuss Jaitapur nuclear project - Nov 28, 2011
- Kakodkar chosen for Maharashtra Bhushan Award - Apr 26, 2012
- IAEA chief Yukiya Amano to visit Mumbai, Kalpakkam - Jan 14, 2011
- Atomic agency to approach Mamata over project site - Jun 30, 2011
- New AEC chairman Sinha expert on n-reactor technology (Profile) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nuclear power as safe as air travel: Kakodkar - Sep 04, 2012
- India to host Asian Nuclear Prospects conference in October - Sep 05, 2010
- Goa wants 'nuke-guru' Anil Kakodkar as president - Apr 28, 2012
- 'India gaining from N-renaissance in Asia' - Oct 11, 2010
- Manmohan Singh briefed on safety of nuclear installations - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: aj, asian news, atomic energy commission, banerjee, bharat heavy electricals, bharat heavy electricals ltd, cmd, indo, ins, material science and technology, nuclear industry, nuclear power industry, nuclear society, power seminar, prasada, presidential address, rama rao, science and technology, srikumar, vj