NTPC’s third quarter net falls 10.16 percentJanuary 27th, 2012 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 27 (IANS) Electricity generation public sector company NTPC Friday reported a 10.16 percent decline in its net profit for the third quarter of the current fiscal at Rs.2,130.39 crore from Rs.2,371.48 crore in the like period of 2010-11.
The company said in a regulatory filling to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) that its total income in the period under review increased by 14.68 percent at Rs.16,245.42 crore from Rs.14,165.33 crore in the corresponding period of last fiscal.
Segment-wise revenue was led by electricity generation, which grew by 15.56 percent at Rs.15,572.38 crore from Rs.13,475.04 crore in the like period of 2010-11.
The company’s total expenditure in the last quarter grew by 26.87 percent at Rs.13,232.97 crore from Rs.10,430.02 crore in the corresponding quarter of 2010-11.
The company’s fuel cost alone rose by 29.43 percent in the quarter ended Dec 31 at Rs.10,793.29 crore from Rs.8,338.64 crore in the corresponding period of last fiscal.
The filling added that the company’s board has decided to pay an interim dividend of Rs.3.50 per share on the face value of paid-up equity shares of Rs.10 each for the financial year 2011-12. The date of payment of dividend will be Feb 9, 2012.
The filling added that one unit of 600 MW of the company’s Sipat project was declared commercial on Oct 1, 2011.
- NTPC's third quarter net profit at Rs.2,371.48 crore - Jan 31, 2011
- Mahindra and Mahindra's Q4 net up 44.17 percent - May 30, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent - Apr 20, 2012
- GAIL's second quarter net up 18.50 percent - Oct 24, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's Q4 net profit down three percent - Apr 28, 2012
- HDFC Bank Q4 profit up 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines third quarter loss at Rs.444 crore - Feb 16, 2012
- TVS Motor's Q2 net profit up 40 percent - Nov 03, 2011
- Sonata Software net dips 64 percent in second quarter - Nov 04, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro's third quarter net profit up 18 percent - Jan 23, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- ITC's second quarter net up 21.46 percent - Oct 24, 2011
- TVS Motor's third quarter net profit up 1.39 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- Hindustan Unilever's third quarter net profit up 18 percent - Feb 06, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's Q3 net profit zooms 19 percent - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: bombay stock exchange, bse, crore, decline, electricity generation, face value, fuel cost, generation public, interim dividend, last quarter, mw, net profit, ntpc, public sector company, rs 2, rs 8, s board, segment, sipat