NTPC’s annual profit up Rs.786 croreMay 22nd, 2009 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 22 (IANS) The state-owned power utility NTPC Ltd, formerly National Thermal Power Corp, posted a net profit after tax of Rs.8,201 crore in 2008-09 against Rs.7,415 crore netted the last fiscal, an increase of Rs.786 crore, the company announced Friday.
Total income increased from Rs.40,018 crore 2008-09 to Rs.45,273 crore the previous fiscal, NTPC said in a regulatory statement.
Its net profit for the quarter ended March 31, 2009 was also up at Rs.2,113.4 crore, as compared to the near Rs.1,340 crore for the corresponding quarter the year before.
Total income for the quarter increased to Rs.12,481.5 crore from Rs.11,487.5 crore in the like period the previous fiscal.
The company said its board has recommended a final dividend at 8 percent of the paid-up equity capital in addition to the 28 percent interim dividend paid in February.
- NTPC's third quarter net falls 10.16 percent - Jan 27, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent - Apr 20, 2012
- ACC profit rises 24.16 percent - Jul 26, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- ONGC fourth quarter net up 71 percent - May 28, 2010
- Bosch India net up 31 percent in 2011 - Feb 28, 2012
- Indian Oil posts Rs.12,670 crore quarterly net profit - May 28, 2012
- NTPC pays Rs.3,133 crore dividend for 2010-11 - Sep 30, 2011
- Oriental Bank of Commerce Q4 net rises 75 percent - Apr 29, 2010
- HDFC Bank Q4 profit up 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- NTPC quarterly net profit rises 15 percent - Oct 25, 2011
- Syndicate bank net up marginally in Q4 - May 05, 2012
- Mahindra and Mahindra's Q4 net up 44.17 percent - May 30, 2012
- NTPC's third quarter net profit at Rs.2,371.48 crore - Jan 31, 2011
- Indian Bank net profit up 7 percent - Apr 23, 2011