NTPC willing to buy gas from Reliance IndustriesJune 23rd, 2009 - 5:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 23 (IANS) State-run power company NTPC Ltd is willing to buy gas from the Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) at $4.2 per million British thermal units, but with exceptions, a top official said here Tuesday.
R.S. Sharma, chairman and managing director of NTPC, formerly National Power Thermal Corp, told reporters here that the company might sign an agreement with RIL to purchase gas at the market price, but not for the plants under dispute in court.
“We are open to buying gas from RIL without prejudice to our (court) cases over Kawas and Gandhar projects,” Sharma said.
The companies are in a legal battle over a gas supply agreement reached in 2005 according to which RIL was to supply gas to NTPC’s Kawas and Gandhar projects in Gujarat at a lower price.
The power utility is planning to buy 2.67 million standard cubic metres of gas per day from RIL for its gas-based power projects, which have a combined power generating capacity of about 4,000 MW, he added.
- Committed to drawing Reliance gas for Delhi region: NTPC - Sep 04, 2009
- NTPC moves apex court against Reliance Industries - Sep 05, 2009
- Petroleum Ministry to support NTPC in legal battle against RIL - Aug 19, 2009
- NTPC may sign gas agreement with Reliance Industries - Sep 10, 2009
- NTPC not asked to sign deal with Reliance: Government - Jul 13, 2009
- Anil Ambani firm wins legal tussle over gas supply (Lead) - Jun 15, 2009
- RIL itself sought permission to sell gas at $2.34 per unit: RNRL (Lead) - Dec 08, 2009
- Gas allocation not possible for power projects, says minister - Aug 13, 2012
- RNRL seeks bankable agreement on Krishna-Godavari gas - Dec 15, 2009
- Krishna-Godavari gas not for Dadri alone: RNRL - Dec 03, 2009
- RIL itself had sought permission to sell gas at $2.34 per unit: RNRL - Dec 08, 2009
- Court agrees high gas price will push power, fertiliser costs - Dec 02, 2009
- Reliance Industries bound to supply gas to us: Anil Ambani firm - Sep 09, 2009
- RNRL signs new gas pact with RIL; Stocks move up (Lead) - Jun 25, 2010
- NTPC, oil ministry to file petitions on Reliance gas (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2009
Tags: combined power, court cases, cubic metres, exceptions, gujarat, june 23, kawas, managing director, mukesh ambani, New Delhi, ntpc ltd, plants, power projects, prejudice, reliance industries, reliance industries ltd, reliance industries ltd ril