NTPC ties up with Sri Lankan firmSeptember 6th, 2011 - 5:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) The National Thermal Power Corp Ltd (NTPC) said it Tuesday signed a pact with Sri Lanka’s Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) to set up a 500 MW coal-based power station at Sampur in Trincomalee.
The agreement was signed in Colombo, said NTPC in a regulatory filing. Trincomalee lies in Sri Lanka’s east.
“A joint venture company would be incorporated in Sri Lanka, with equal equity contributions by NTPC and CEB,” it added.
- Sri Lanka assures India of political settlement, 7 pacts signed (Roundup) - Jun 09, 2010
- Alstom Bharat Forge bags Rs.1,570-crore NTPC contract - Apr 24, 2012
- NTPC to set up 2,640 MW coal-based power project in Punjab - Oct 08, 2010
- Sri Lanka promises India quick political settlement, signs 7 pacts (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2010
- NTPC in talks with Bangladesh agency for power project land - Dec 22, 2010
- NTPC committed to go ahead with Bengal project - Jul 18, 2011
- India, Sri Lanka take ties to new heights (Lead) - Nov 26, 2010
- GVK Energy to set up two thermal power plants in Andhra - Jan 13, 2012
- Shanghai Electric to supply equipment for Haldia plant - Sep 15, 2011
- NTPC to set up wind power project in Karnataka - Jun 30, 2011
- OPG Power to increase capacity to 740 MW by 2013 - Jul 20, 2012
- NTPC, Himachal to set up engineering college - Mar 03, 2012
- NTPC mulls stakes in two Indonesian coal mines - Aug 30, 2010
- Sri Lanka, Vietnam ink oil deal - Oct 14, 2011
- Karnataka ties up for 1,000 MW power from NTPC, Neyveli - Jan 04, 2011