NTPC Chhattisgarh plant to generate 660 MW by OctoberMay 12th, 2010 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, May 12 (IANS) Power utility NTPC will generate another 660 MW by October this year, commissioning a new unit of its coal-fired power plant at Sipat in Chhattisgarh, a company official said Wednesday.
Two units of the Sipat plant in the state’s Bilaspur district produce 1,000 MW. As part of its expansion plan, the company plans to generate 1,980 MW additional power with another three units of 660 MW each.
“The first unit of the Sipat expansion will be commissioned by October this year and the second unit within the next six months. The third unit will be commissioned within another six months of the commissioning of the second unit,” Jayadeb Nanda, executive director of the Sipat project, told IANS.
Nanda said Sipat units will be the first in the country to operate on super-critical boilers that burn less fuel to produce electricity as compared to the conventional boilers.
- Chhattisgarh's new 660 MW plant to start by December - Oct 09, 2010
- Power producer starts first supercritical tech unit - Feb 24, 2011
- NTPC commissions 660 MW supercritical unit in Chhattisgarh - Jun 28, 2011
- BHEL starts supplying super critical boilers - Apr 04, 2012
- NTPC order will be met with local, imported machines: BGR - Sep 15, 2011
- BGR-Hitachi power equipment plants to go on stream in 2013 - Sep 16, 2011
- 'One-third power capacity addition by private sector' - Aug 25, 2011
- BGR Energy cuts capex for JVs with Hitachi - Aug 09, 2012
- Tata Power's 800 MW thermal plant operational in Gujarat - Jul 19, 2012
- Windfall for Tamil Nadu power equipment makers - Sep 18, 2011
- India takes first step towards ultra super-critical boilers - Jan 20, 2012
- BGR Energy lowest bidder for NTPC's mega tender - Sep 15, 2011
- Karnataka ties up for 1,000 MW power from NTPC, Neyveli - Jan 04, 2011
- IGCAR to develop advanced boiler for coal- fired power plants - Sep 06, 2010
- BGR Energy partners with Hitachi for power equipment - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,