NTPC board nod to Rs.18,347 crore investment plansDecember 29th, 2011 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 29 (IANS) State-run thermal power generator NTPC Thursday said its board had approved investment plans of Rs.18,346.59 crore ($3.44 billion) for two power projects in India.
The board of directors of the company has accorded investment approval for a 2,400 MW project in Karnataka and a 500 MW project in Madhya Pradesh, the company said in a regulatory filing.
The two projects — Kudgi Super Thermal Power Project and Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Project, stage-V — to be implemented in Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh, respectively, at an appraised current estimated cost of Rs.15,166.19 crore and Rs.3,180.40 crore, respectively, are subject to environmental clearance from the union ministry of environment and forests.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, shares of the company were 0.28 percent down to trade at Rs.160.70.
- BGR-Hitachi power equipment plants to go on stream in 2013 - Sep 16, 2011
- NTPC to build 4,000mw thermal plant in Karnataka - Nov 04, 2010
- NTPC begins work on power project in Karnataka - Jun 02, 2012
- NTPC targets 10,000MW in south India by 2017 - Apr 30, 2010
- Power Grid to invest $1.25 billion in various projects - Mar 17, 2010
- NTPC signs power purchase agreement for two plants - Nov 28, 2010
- BHEL wins Rs.60-billion order from Karnataka Power Corp - Aug 02, 2010
- CESC's Haldia thermal power project by 2013-14 - Jul 29, 2011
- Orissa inks pacts for three power plants - Jan 03, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to study LNG power project feasibility - Mar 29, 2012
- Andhra bags Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment projects - Jan 12, 2012
- IPCL, DPSC to invest Rs.26,450 crore in power - Jul 20, 2011
- GVK Energy to set up two thermal power plants in Andhra - Jan 13, 2012
- Tamil Nadu power generator to float tenders for two power projects - Jan 30, 2012
- Jaypee announces amalgamation of three group entities - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: board nod, board of directors, bombay stock exchange, environmental clearance, exchange shares, India, investment plans, karnataka, madhya pradesh, ministry of environment, ministry of environment and forests, ntpc, power generator, power projects, project stage, thermal power project, union ministry