NSPCL power plant in Chhattisgarh to begin functioningApril 18th, 2008 - 7:33 pm ICT by admin
Raipur, April 18 (IANS) A 250 mega watts (MW) unit of the 500 MW coal-fired power plant, being built in Chhattisgarh by the Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) and National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), will begin functioning April 20, an official said here Friday. “We are all set to begin the synchronization of the first unit of 250 MW based at industrial city Bhilai from April 20 while synchronization of second and final unit of remaining 250 MW will begin in 3-4 months from now,” Roy Thomas, chief manager of the company, told IANS.
He, however, said that though synchronization of the first unit would begin, it would take at least three months to begin commercial production.
The plant, a joint venture between two public sector majors and christened NTPC-SAIL Power Company Ltd (NSPCL), has an investment of about Rs.26 billion and is located some 30 km west of capital Raipur.
The NSPCL plant will mainly meet the growing power supply demand of SAIL’s flagship unit Bhilai Steel Plant that has achieved the best ever annual production of 5.268 million tonne (MT) hot metal, 5.054 MT crude steel and 4.427 MT saleable steel in fiscal 2007-08.
Officials of the Chhattisgarh government say they are in talks with the NSPCL for purchasing 30 percent of power from the newly built plant.
- Jairam Ramesh commissions new power plant in Chhattisgarh - Apr 20, 2008
- Production at SAIL's Bhilai Steel Plant dips - Apr 10, 2012
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever Q-1 output - Jul 02, 2010
- Bhilai power plant stops generation due to coal shortage - Jul 15, 2009
- Maoist threat to Bhilai steel plant officials? - Dec 19, 2008
- Bhilai plant produced 5.37 m tonnes hot metal in 2009-10 - Apr 03, 2010
- NTPC adds 500 MW unit in Chhattisgarh - Nov 26, 2010
- Power producer starts first supercritical tech unit - Feb 24, 2011
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever performance - Jan 03, 2010
- Chhattisgarh to get 2,000 MW power from NTPC project - Nov 26, 2010
- Coal-starved power plant resumes generation in Chhattisgarh - Jul 23, 2009
- MPs visit SAIL mining site in Chhattisgarh - Jun 04, 2011
- Maoist threat to SAIL officials at Bhilai plant? (Lead) - Dec 19, 2008
- SAIL's Bhilai unit bags PM's trophy for 10th time - Jan 13, 2012
- SAIL plans 60 mn tonnes production by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 22, 2010
Tags: 4 months, bhilai, chhattisgarh government, chief manager, coal fired power, coal fired power plant, company ltd, crude steel, flagship, hot metal, joint venture, least three months, mw coal, nspcl, ntpc, roy thomas, saleable steel, steel authority of india ltd, steel plant, synchronization