NSE mulls tie-up with European boursesSeptember 15th, 2011 - 10:01 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 15 (IANS) The National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) is in talks to link its benchmark index Nifty with European bourses like FTSE, a top official said Thursday.
“We are in discussion with FTSE. Talks are on at different levels. It might take some time to list FTSE on the exchange (NSE),” NSE’s senior vice president R. Sundararaman told mediapersons on the sidelines of a programme here.
NSE Aug 29 allowed trading in futures in US’ S&P; 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average indices, and in options in S&P; 500.
“It will enable Indian investors to take positions in international markets. We find that these products are versatile and less costly. These products have good potential in India,” Sundararaman said.
This is the first time in the world that futures contract on the S&P; 500 Index have been introduced and listed on an exchange outside its home.
- Sensex ends flat, broader markets soar (Weekly market review) - Apr 09, 2011
- Sensex slips 2.29 percent for the week, broader markets lose more - Dec 11, 2010
- Sensex surges 795 points on strong economic outlook (Weekly Review) - Sep 18, 2010
- Sensex ends flat, broader markets gain in volatile week (Weekly Market Review) - Oct 23, 2010
- Sensex slumps 4.56 percent on global turmoil (Weekly market review) - Sep 24, 2011
- Sensex gains for third straight week, up 584 points (Weekly market review) - Jan 21, 2012
- Sensex languishes in afternoon trade - Mar 29, 2012
- Sensex rallies for fifth straight week, eyes 21,000 points (Weekly Market Review) - Oct 02, 2010
- Fifth straight weekly loss for Sensex (Weekly Market Review) - Mar 24, 2012
- Action-packed week for markets ahead, to open strong on China data - Jul 11, 2010
- Sensex climbs almost 3 percent amid global rally (Weekly market review) - Jun 19, 2010
- Sensex slips for second consecutive week (Weekly Market Review) - Oct 16, 2010
- Sensex posts first weekly fall in 2012; slumps 366 points (Weekly market review) - Feb 25, 2012
- Europe debt crisis engulfs world bourses (Weekly Review) - May 08, 2010
- Sensex dips after five-week rally (Weekly Market Review) - Oct 09, 2010
Tags: benchmark index, dow jones, european bourses, futures contract, indian investors, international markets, national stock exchange, national stock exchange of india, nse, senior vice president, sidelines, time in the world