Now withdraw cash with your phoneJune 13th, 2012 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 13 (IANS) Mobile phones could soon be used at ATMs to withdraw cash. A new application has been developed in Britain that will allow people to take out 100 pounds a time from the cash machines with a few taps of their smartphone.
The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) has created a new Getcash app which will be available to its 18 million customers who will be able to withdraw from any one of the 8,000 RBS, Natwest and Tesco stores, across the country, Daily Mail reported Wednesday.
The new app works by allowing you to choose the amount you want to withdraw from a screen displayed on your phone. A six-digit code then appears on your phone’s screen which is valid for three hours and is tapped into an ATM to withdraw cash.
At first you will only be able to take out just 100 pounds a time but this will soon rise to match the amount you can withdraw with a debit card, typically 250 pounds.
You can also text a code to a friend who can then withdraw the money, the Mail said.
To use it you must have a smartphone or an iPhone or BlackBerry and download the GetCash app.
- Internet firms spy on personal texts sent on smartphones - Feb 26, 2012
- Energy bugs drain smartphone batteries - Jun 14, 2012
- Future ATMs may play ads before you get your money - Mar 14, 2012
- Beware: Ads in mobile apps fraught with security risk - Mar 20, 2012
- New mobile app developed to monitor data theft - Jul 06, 2012
- Low-cost smartphones whet Indian appetite for mobile apps - Mar 04, 2012
- Soon, Twitter and Facebook will be available on your cars! - Apr 10, 2011
- iPhone app translates three languages into English - Jul 10, 2012
- ICICI Bank customers can now withdraw cash at shops - Jan 18, 2011
- Yahoo plug-in brings new visual delight - May 24, 2012
- Man withdraws lakhs from girlfriend's account, caught - Feb 16, 2011
- Choice of smartphone apps helps define your computing style - Feb 20, 2011
- Three caught for cheating ATM users - Apr 25, 2011
- The smartphone apps guide to love and romance - Nov 14, 2010
- iPhone app tells you when to water your plants - May 20, 2012
Tags: atm, atms, bank of scotland, blackberry, daily mail, debit card, digit code, getcash, iphone, london, mobile phones, natwest, new application, rbs, royal bank of scotland, smartphone, taps, tesco, tesco stores, will allow people