Now flaunt a diamond lookalike, without spending too much (With Images)August 5th, 2009 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 5 (IANS) Minimalist, elegant and affordable, the first international cubic zirconia jewellery brand has forayed into the Indian market in the capital and neighbouring Noida.
Britain-based jewellers Real Effect, in the business of manufacturing diamond jewellery for over three decades, has opted for the diamond lookalike cubic zirconia jewellery — made of synthesized material that is hard, optically flawless and usually colourless — and which are both stylish and affordable.
Said Real Effect director Suveen Kapoor at a preview here Tuesday evening: “Before entering the Indian market, we did a survey and what we found was that there were hardly any companies here that offer the kind of jewellery that we do.”
Added co-director Sonu Malik: “None of our pieces are made here. These will be imported. The designs are international and workmanship is very fine. We have over 3,000 designs.”
From pendants, rings, bracelets, earrings, necklaces and cufflinks, the variety on offer stretches wide, with the price band ranging from Rs.400 to Rs.5,000.
However, for products with intricate designs — like that of a pendant in which four tiny hearts are clubbed together in a flower shape, or a delicate teardrop earring — prices are not mentioned.
“We don’t offer ethnic jewellery because that is something already available,” explained Malik. “What we are offering are modern, designed, elegant jewellery that one can wear to work at day or to a party in the evening without costing too much.”
Besides this, the product line includes coloured jewellery. According to Kapoor, who pegged the branded silver jewellery market in India at Rs.100 crore (about Rs.1 billion/$200 million), more designs in the coloured jewellery category would be added in 2010.
Kapoor said his company would enter the Mumbai and Chennai markets by this month-end and Gurgaon by October-November.
- British Indian woos young professionals with trendy jewellery - Oct 02, 2011
- British Indian brings sterling silver ware to India (With Images) - Sep 23, 2009
- A new jewellery store to let you splurge (With images) - Jun 12, 2011
- Monastry Collection: Magical blend of style, healing (With Images) - Jun 21, 2012
- Try a kundan choker with that gown (Feature) - Aug 09, 2011
- Glowing times for online jewellery retailers - Apr 06, 2012
- Pink, diamond-studded or steel, cufflinks come to town - Jul 09, 2010
- Kangana dazzles in Rajasthani jewellery - Aug 01, 2011
- Auction market for watches, jewels looking up - Oct 21, 2010
- Jewellery designer Farah Khan Ali opens store in capital - Apr 22, 2011
- Forget threads and beads - invest in gold, diamond rakhi (Feature) - Aug 12, 2011
- Shara - a royal jewellery collection by Rachna Kapoor (With Images) - May 22, 2011
- Sonam brings the curtains down on Jewellery Week - Aug 05, 2011
- Indian jewellery showcased at US show - Jun 02, 2012
- Bracelets - the bigger, the broader, the better - Apr 19, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,