Novartis to raise stake in Indian unit to 90 percentMarch 25th, 2009 - 4:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 25 (IANS) Swiss drug maker Novartis Wednesday said it has made an open offer to acquire an additional stake of up to 39 percent in its Indian unit.
The company will acquire the stake from public share holders at Rs.351 per share. Tuesday’s closing price for Novartis shares in India was Rs.275.60.
“Successful completion of the offer would raise the company’s stake in Novartis India Ltd to nearly 90 percent from the current level of 50.9 percent,” the company said in a statement.
The offer represents a total value of around Rs.440 crore ($86 million).
- Novartis scrip hits upper circuit on stake-hike news (Lead) - Mar 25, 2009
- RIL profit falls 13.55 percent, to buy back shares - Jan 20, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam to acquire minority stake in Dion Global - Feb 10, 2012
- Titan to acquire Swiss brand for Rs.13.6 crore - Nov 16, 2011
- Sical shareholders approve Tanglin preferential issue (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Sical Logistics to acquire Tanglin Reality - Dec 14, 2010
- Why don't you reduce cancer drug price, SC asks Novartis - Sep 11, 2012
- GVK to buy Siemens' Bangalore airport stake - Aug 22, 2011
- BHEL FPO on hold, profit rises 14.3 percent in 2011-12 - Apr 03, 2012
- Dunlop board allots shares to convert loan into equity - Apr 29, 2012
- ACC quarterly profit dips 10.86 percent - Apr 26, 2011
- 10 percent NBCC divestment okayed - Aug 11, 2011
- Sweet deal: EID Parry acquires balance stake in US firm - Oct 07, 2011
- Government to raise Rs.4,000 crore by selling stake in SAIL (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- LIC stake in ONGC rises to 9.5 percent after auction - Mar 05, 2012