Novartis scrip hits upper circuit on stake-hike news (Lead)March 25th, 2009 - 5:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 25 (IANS) The Novartis India scrip jumped almost 20 percent Wednesday to hit the upper circuit after Novartis AG of Switzerland, a group subsidiary, said it would make an open offer to acquire an additional 39 percent stake in the Indian unit.
The Novartis scrip, which opened at Rs.275.60, shot through the roof after the announcement, rising 19.99 percent above its last closing figure to rule at Rs.330.70.
At this level, the scrip touched its upper filter.
Novartis will acquire the stake from public shareholders at Rs.351 per share at a premium of 27 percent from Tuesday’s closing price of Rs.275.60. The offer price represents a premium of 35 percent over Novartis India’s average share price during the last month.
“Successful completion of the offer would raise the company’s stake in Novartis India Ltd to nearly 90 percent from the current level of 50.9 percent,” the company said in a statement.
The offer represents a total value of around Rs.440 crore ($87 million).
- Novartis to raise stake in Indian unit to 90 percent - Mar 25, 2009
- Why don't you reduce cancer drug price, SC asks Novartis - Sep 11, 2012
- Reliance Broadcast Network soars on fund raising plans - Sep 02, 2010
- Mahindra Satyam to acquire minority stake in Dion Global - Feb 10, 2012
- Vedanta not to hike Cairn India offer price - Oct 11, 2010
- Cairn India shares only moderately up day after stake sale - Apr 20, 2011
- Government to raise Rs.4,000 crore by selling stake in SAIL (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Kanoria Chemicals to acquire Switzerland-based firm - Apr 20, 2012
- Reliance MediaWorks ups stake in Fame India to 15.77 percent - Jul 07, 2010
- Sensex rises for fourth straight week; up 495 points (Weekly market review) - Jan 28, 2012
- Ma Foi acquires Axis-V e-learning company - Jul 26, 2012
- Suzlon Energy completes sale of stake in Hansen - Oct 13, 2011
- RIL profit falls 13.55 percent, to buy back shares - Jan 20, 2012
- Sensex rises 157 points; energy, metal stocks rally - Jan 27, 2012
- SBI slumps 4 percent on ratings downgrade - Oct 05, 2011