Notice to Satyam ex-chief on CBI’s plea to scrap bail (Lead)October 1st, 2010 - 10:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) The Supreme Court Friday sought Satyam Computer Services Ltd (SCS) ex-chairman B. Ramalinga Raju’s response on a petition by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) seeking cancellation of his bail granted by Andhra Pradesh High Court.
A bench of Justice Dalveer Bhandari and Justice Deepak Verma issued the notice after it was told that the high court had erred on several counts in granting bail to Ramalinga Raju who was accused in a conspiracy of serious and grave nature involving fudging and manipulating Satyam’s accounts.
In its petition, the CBI said that Ramalinga Raju’s release on bail at this stage of trial would lead to miscarriage of justice.
The petition said that the high court had misread the apex court ruling on granting bail to an accused on the grounds of period of detention and the remote possibility of conclusion of trial.
In this case, the trial court is already framing the charges, it said.
Ramalinga Raju and other co-accused including his brother Rama Raju are accused of fudging Satyam’s accounts and records and manipulating the bank statements, fixed deposits receipts, the liquidity status of the company and other documents relating to the company’s finances.
- Satyam scam: Apex court frowns on CBI's long witness list - Oct 19, 2010
- Satyam case: Supreme Court grants bail to five - Oct 13, 2011
- Satyam scam: Bail of Ramalinga Raju, five others cancelled - Oct 26, 2010
- Satyam's Ramalinga Raju, two others get bail - Nov 04, 2011
- Why not cancel bail, apex court asks Satyam scam accused - Aug 30, 2010
- Satyam case: Apex court notice to CBI on Raju's bail plea (Second Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- Supreme Court cancels bail of Raju, five others (Second Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Satyam officials issued notices as CBI drags case - Sep 19, 2011
- Satyam case: Apex court notice to CBI - Oct 21, 2011
- 'Satyam's Raju did not fudge accounts, only did window dressing' - Oct 20, 2010
- 'Satyam's Raju did not fudge accounts, only did window dressing' (Lead) - Oct 21, 2010
- CBI plea against Ramalinga Raju's bail to be heard Monday - Aug 29, 2010
- Apex court cancels bail of Satyam's Raju, five others (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Apex court says no to Raju's plea on surrender (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Satyam case: no bail for Raju, seven others - Aug 30, 2011
Tags: apex, apex court, b ramalinga raju, bank statements, bhandari, cbi, central bureau of investigation, computer services ltd, deepak verma, fixed deposits, liquidity, miscarriage of justice, New Delhi, petition, plea, rama raju, receipts, satyam computer services, satyam computer services ltd, trial court