Norwegian hydropower firms express interest in IndiaApril 21st, 2012 - 10:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 21 (IANS) Norwegian hydroelectricity technology providers showed considerable interest in the Indian hydropower sector with around 80 experts from 35 Norwegian companies participating in the Hydropower India exhibition that concluded Saturday.
Geir Elsebutangen, representative for Norwegian Renewable Energy Partners (INTPOW), said there was “huge interest for further cooperation and competence sharing between India and Norway in the hydropower sector”.
“We see special interest in Norwegian investment in tunnelling, planning, trade, pricing and financing. There is also a need for direct dialogue between companies and authorities,” he added.
Earlier, addressing the gathering, Norwegian ambassador Ann Ollestad lauded India’s efforts at utilization of hydroelectric power sources.
“I am very impressed with the efforts made in India to utilize hydropower,” she said.
“Norway cooperates with India on renewable energy generation through trade and investment, and support to off-grid village electrification,” Ollestad added.
Joint Secretary (Hydropower) in power ministry G. Sai Prasad was also present at the meet.
Currently, two hydroelectric projects, with a combined capacity of 301 MW are being jointly operated by Indo-Norwegian joint ventures and a 500 MW project is under development with Tata Power in Himachal Pradesh.
- Chinese firm to invest in Pakistan hydel power projects - Apr 06, 2011
- ADB to give $889 million for Himachal, Assam power projects - Jan 19, 2011
- US to invest $820 mn in India's renewable energy sector - Jul 19, 2011
- India, ADB ink loan pact for clean energy project in Himachal Pradesh - Jan 18, 2011
- Rs.4,900 crore FDI in renewable energy sector - Aug 26, 2011
- India, Rwanda sign pacts; to ramp up business ties - Feb 17, 2012
- New Nepal energy rule to shake up Indian investors - Aug 23, 2011
- UAE holds talks with Norway, Denmark, Hungary - Dec 15, 2011
- Jaypee's hydropower corridor to be set up this month - Jul 03, 2011
- Belgium hopeful of India-EU trade pact by 2013 summit - Aug 08, 2012
- Mozambique seeks India's help for renewable energy sector - Jul 14, 2011
- Tata Power, Norwegian firm sign pact on hydropower projects - Oct 30, 2009
- India to generate 1,000 megawatts of solar power by 2013: Abdullah - Jul 25, 2010
- Hydropower major forays into wind power - Feb 09, 2012
- ADB signs JV to develop renewable energy in India - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: competence, direct dialogue, energy partners, geir, hydroelectric power, hydroelectric projects, india exhibition, indo, joint ventures, mw project, New Delhi, norwegian companies, power ministry, power sources, prasad, renewable energy generation, special interest, tata power, technology providers, village electrification