North Eastern Council prepares tourism roadmapJune 13th, 2011 - 4:40 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, June 13 (IANS) Regional planning body North Eastern Council (NEC) has prepared a master plan for the development of tourism in India’s northeastern region, an official said here Monday.
“The draft master plan will be discussed in the NEC meeting in New Delhi later this week,” NEC director (human resource development) Sherry Lalthangzo said in a statement.
“The master plan was prepared as per the ‘NER Vision 2020′ by the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS),” she added.
The ‘NER Vision 2020′ document, announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in July 2009, sought to spur investment, reduce poverty, enhance connectivity and bring the backward northeastern region on par with the rest of the country by 2020.
A total of Rs.14 trillion will be required to implement the project.
The two-day 60th NEC meeting in New Delhi will be held from Thursday. It will be attended by the chief ministers, governors and chief secretaries of all the northeastern states - Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim.
“Prime minister’s advisor Sam Pitroda, who is also the chairman of National Innovation Council, would also make a presentation on the innovation for the northeastern region,” the statement added.
- North-Eastern council announces rewards for Olympic medallists - Jul 27, 2012
- North Eastern Council meet to boost development in region - Jun 26, 2012
- India seeks $2.5 bn World Bank aid for power projects - Jun 20, 2011
- 'Northeastern capitals on rail map by 2017' - Jul 02, 2011
- Mukherjee has majority support in northeast - Jul 07, 2012
- Allocation for northeast doubled to Rs.8,000 crore - Feb 28, 2011
- Northeast chief ministers meet to boost development - Feb 07, 2010
- 'Northeastern States hold big prospects in tourism sector' - Apr 13, 2010
- Budgetary allocation doubled but mixed response in northeast (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Agartala to be Northeast India's first solar city - Sep 12, 2012
- Eco-friendly hydel projects must for northeast: Minister - Jul 26, 2011
- Rs.40 lakh reward for Mary Kom - Aug 14, 2012
- Three northeastearn states soon to have high courts - May 12, 2012
- Agartala kicks off mission to become Hepatitis free - Apr 15, 2012
- India's northeast records 38 percent deficit rainfall - Aug 03, 2011
Tags: agartala, chief ministers, chief secretaries, draft master plan, human resource development, innovation council, manipur, manmohan, manmohan singh, meghalaya, mizoram, national innovation, northeastern region, northeastern states, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, sam pitroda, tata consultancy services, tourism in india, vision 2020