Nooyi inaugurates first USIBC office in IndiaSeptember 24th, 2008 - 5:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 24 (IANS) Indra K. Nooyi, global chairman and chief executive of beverage giant PepsiCo, Wednesday inaugurated the first permanent office of the US-India Business Council (USIBC) here.The 33-year-old trade advocacy group’s office is located at Fulbright House in central Delhi, the premises being leased from the US-India Educational Foundation.
“Returning home to institutionalise USIBC’s commitment to a strengthened partnership with India represents a proud moment for me as the CEO of a global company committed to India, as the chairman of USIBC, and as a native daughter of the soil,” said Nooyi in a USIBC press statement.
Nooyi is currently on a visit to India, accompanied by a USIBC executive mission. The delegation is looking at opportunities in India’s agricultural sector.
According to USIBC president Ron Somers, the timing of the opening of the office is “auspicious” as it marks the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit to Washington “to end the technology denial regime imposed against India as embodied in the US-India civil nuclear cooperation initiative”.
- US business pleased with Obama's approach to trade with India - Nov 07, 2010
- McGraw Hill chief to head India-US trade body - Mar 30, 2010
- Indra Nooyi gets a raise, makes $17 mn in 2011 - Mar 24, 2012
- MasterCard's Ajay Banga to head USIBC - Apr 16, 2012
- US business seeks free high-tech trade with India - Nov 02, 2010
- Corporate America seeks a bold India budget - Mar 14, 2012
- US trade group sends life sciences mission to India - Jan 31, 2012
- Krishna to address US high-powered industry meet - May 30, 2010
- US-India trade group vows to strengthen business ties - Sep 15, 2011
- US investors keen to fund India's digital transformation - Dec 09, 2011
- Corporate America seeks reforms, says budget not game-changing - Mar 17, 2012
- US Ex-Im Bank director joins India-US trade body - Jul 28, 2011
- US-India trade group pushes for BIT - Jun 26, 2012
- Indra Nooyi second most powerful woman in US business - Oct 01, 2011
- Indra Nooyi, Piyush Pandey to speak at AdAsia 2011 - Sep 08, 2011