Nokia unveils bicycle charger for mobile phonesJune 3rd, 2010 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
Helsinki, June 3 (DPA) Finnish mobile telephone maker Nokia Thursday unveiled a bicyle charger unit aimed at offering “free and environmentally friendly electricity” for handset users.
The kit includes a charger, a dynamo, and a handset holder.
The dynamo - a small electrical generator - uses the movement of the wheels to charge the handset, Nokia said, adding that the dynamo was connected to a jack used in most of the group’s mobile phones.
The bicycle charger kit was to be available from the end of the year, and Nokia planned to sell the units through certain retailers and online.
Nokia noted that bicycles are a common transport mode in many countries, and the kit offered people with little access to electricity a means of charging their handsets.
- Nokia to replace faulty mobile phone chargers - Nov 09, 2009
- 'Nokia regaining lost ground in handset market' - Jun 07, 2012
- Nokia announces launch of Lumia family phones - Nov 14, 2011
- Nokia E7 touch-and-type phone launched in India - Mar 14, 2011
- Nokia to offer mobile financial service, creates new unit - Aug 27, 2009
- Nokia to launch its E7 model in India - Mar 08, 2011
- Nokia launches 808 PureView for Rs.33,899 in India - Jun 13, 2012
- P. Balaji new Nokia India vice president, managing director - Jul 13, 2012
- Samsung unveils new Galaxy smartphone - May 04, 2012
- Indian mobile handsets market grows by 3.6 percent in Q3 - Dec 29, 2010
- Indian handsets market reports 5 percent drop in revenues - Jul 09, 2012
- Nokia testing servers for corporate email access - Mar 14, 2011
- Nokia reports drop in second-quarter net profit - Jul 22, 2010
- Nokia Siemens networks in 1.2-bn deal for Motorola - Jul 19, 2010
- Nokia launches two low-priced handsets - Sep 15, 2011
Tags: bicycle, bicycles, charger unit, dpa, dynamo, electrical generator, electricity, handset nokia, handset users, handsets, helsinki, june 3, mobile phones, mobile telephone, nokia, transport mode, wheels