Nokia Siemens Networks, Wipro sign R and D partnership contract in GermanyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:04 am ICT by admin
As part of the partnership, 58 employees of Nokia Siemens Networks are planned to be fully integrated into the operations of Wipro Technologies. Through this agreement, Nokia Siemens Networks will leverage Wipro Technologies’ global expertise as one of the largest independent R and D services providers in the world.
“Wipro Technologies has been a valued partner of our parent companies Nokia and Siemens for many years. We have successfully cooperated with them on various development programs”, said Ari Lehtoranta, Head of the Radio Access Business Unit, Nokia Siemens Networks. “As regards the personnel transferring to Wipro Technologies, they will join a strong partner, where their competencies will be a natural fit. Our customers will see a strengthening of our capabilities to ensure high quality products”.
“This partnership will further strengthen Wipro’s capabilities and R and D services in the third-generation 3G. This will enhance Wipro’s offerings across the wireless network including access, core and service infrastructure,” said Ramesh Emani, President, Telecom and product engineering solutions. “This agreement is a key milestone in Wipro’s significant relationship with Nokia Siemens Networks while enhancing our presence in Europe”.
The transfer of R and D capabilities to trusted business partners is part of Nokia Siemens Networks’ overall strategy. This step will allow the company to realise greater flexibility and improve cost management and enable leveraging of the expertise of the R and D partners.
Wipro is one of the leading players in telecom engineering solutions space, covering wireless, wireline, broadband and enterprise communication, legacy and next generation products. Wipro has been focusing significantly in competency development for next generation radio access technologies. (ANI)
- Airtel deal with Nokia Siemens for expansion in Africa - Sep 29, 2011
- Kerala: Industry majors to support IT product start-ups village - Jul 23, 2012
- Wipro joins Google's cloud platform - Aug 27, 2012
- Airtel unveils 4G service in Bangalore - May 07, 2012
- Bharti Airtel signs network expansion deal with Huawei - Jun 01, 2011
- Wipro buys Australian analytics firm - May 01, 2012
- Ericsson, Nokia and Huawei to partner Bharti's 3G roll-out - Sep 20, 2010
- Nokia Siemens networks in 1.2-bn deal for Motorola - Jul 19, 2010
- Vodafone selects Nokia Siemens and Ericsson for 3G service - Oct 13, 2010
- Nokia Siemens buys Motorola unit for $1.2 billion - Jul 19, 2010
- P. Balaji new Nokia India vice president, managing director - Jul 13, 2012
- Wipro ranked as leader among testing services providers - Sep 22, 2010
- Nokia Siemens Networks, du to upgrade Dubai telecom service - Oct 24, 2010
- Sony to acquire Ericsson's stake in joint venture for $1.47 bn - Oct 27, 2011
- Wipro, Oracle strengthen ties, to foster growth for customers - Sep 09, 2010
Tags: capabilities, cost management, emrealise, engineering solutions, enterprise communication, generation products, global expertise, natural fit, nokia siemens, overall strategy, parent companies, partnership contract, product engineering, radio, service infrastructure, services providers, telecom engineering, wipro technologies, wireline