Nokia Siemens Networks expands capacityAugust 10th, 2011 - 1:02 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 9 (IANS) Telecom infrastructure vendor Nokia Siemens Networks Tuesday said it had expanded its capacity and added more product lines at its facility near here.
“This expansion will strengthen India’s position as one of our major manufacturing hubs in the Asia Pacific,” Ashish Chowdhary, the company’s head of India and customer operations (East) told reporters here.
Since its inception in 2008, Nokia Siemens Networks has invested over $70 million in the facility near here that has rolled out more than 860,000 units to date.
The facility has played major role in enabling Indian telecom operators to roll out their mobile 3G networks quickly and enabling Nokia Siemens Networks to have a market share of around 30 percent.
According to company officials, outlay for the current expansion is around $15 million. The company has expanded its facility near here from 35,000 sq mt to 55,000 sq mt.
The number of products to be rolled out of the facility post-expansion has gone up to 33 from 28.
- Nokia Siemens to add 800 more staff at Chennai centre - Jan 13, 2011
- Airtel deal with Nokia Siemens for expansion in Africa - Sep 29, 2011
- Strike at Nokia Siemens Networks India - Apr 09, 2012
- Kerala: Industry majors to support IT product start-ups village - Jul 23, 2012
- Caterpillar to expand Indian operations investing $212 million - Dec 01, 2011
- Nokia Siemens Networks, du to upgrade Dubai telecom service - Oct 24, 2010
- CX Precision Mechanical to set up facility at Sri City - May 09, 2012
- Yamaha to set up Rs.1,500 crore plant in Tamil Nadu - May 14, 2012
- Vodafone selects Nokia Siemens and Ericsson for 3G service - Oct 13, 2010
- Putzmeister to invest four million euros in India - Oct 18, 2011
- Greaves Cotton plans to expand construction equipment, diesel engine range - Apr 28, 2012
- 'Nokia regaining lost ground in handset market' - Jun 07, 2012
- Siemens' new strategy targets 60 'Made for India' products - Nov 16, 2011
- BIAL to spend Rs.1,000 crore to revamp Bangalore airport - Aug 19, 2010
- Toyota Kirloskar to roll out more cars, components - Jul 27, 2011
Tags: 3g networks, ashish, asia pacific, company officials, customer operations, hubs, inception, India, indian telecom, infrastructure vendor, market share, nokia, nokia siemens networks, outlay, siemens, sq mt, telecom infrastructure, telecom operators