Nokia launches N8 smartphoneOctober 12th, 2010 - 6:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 12 (IANS) Mobile handset manufacturer Nokia Tuesday launched the Nokia N8 smartphone with Ovi services which will enable its users to create content, connect to their favourite social networks and enjoy on-demand web TV programmes.
Ovi by Nokia is the brand for Nokia’s internet service which can be used by a mobile device or computer.
Keeping Indian consumers in mind, Nokia has introduced thousands of applications on the Ovi store optimised for Nokia N8.
“The consumer is in the centre of all that we do at Nokia and we are constantly innovating to enhance user experience and address user feedback,” said D. Shivakumar, vice president and managing director of Nokia India.
The smartphone, equipped with a 12-megapixel camera, will also enable the customers to make and edit high definition videos.
Priced at Rs.26,259, the phone will be available across the country from Oct 13 at Nokia priory stores.
- Nokia announces launch of Lumia family phones - Nov 14, 2011
- Nokia E7 touch-and-type phone launched in India - Mar 14, 2011
- Nokia makes N8 available in India - Sep 30, 2010
- Nokia launches E6, X7 with Symbian Anna user interface - Jun 29, 2011
- Nokia E5 launched in India - Oct 06, 2010
- 'Nokia regaining lost ground in handset market' - Jun 07, 2012
- India's mobile handsets sales cross 50 mn in Jan-March - Jul 03, 2012
- Nokia to launch its E7 model in India - Mar 08, 2011
- Nokia to fund four Indian software developers - Dec 07, 2009
- Windows Phone 7.5 launched in India - Oct 12, 2011
- IGNOU to provide English course through Nokia phone - Sep 21, 2010
- Motorola launches slimmer Razr for Rs.33,990 - Nov 21, 2011
- RCom partners with Nokia to provide personalised content - Aug 20, 2010
- Nokia launches new campaign ahead of IPL-5 - Apr 02, 2012
- Nokia enterprise server in India by Nov 5 (Lead) - Aug 30, 2010
Tags: address user, demand web, high definition, indian consumers, internet service, managing director of nokia, megapixel camera, mobile device, mobile handset, New Delhi, nokia, nokia n8, priory, shivakumar, smartphone, social networks, tv programmes, user experience, vice president, web tv