Nokia launches Lumia 610 for Rs.12,999 in IndiaJuly 6th, 2012 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) Finnish handsets manufacturer Nokia Friday launched Lumia 610 priced at Rs.12,999 in the Indian market.
The company has already launched Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 priced at Rs.24,999 and Rs.15,999 respectively.
“The smartphone will introduce Windows Phone to a new generation of smartphone users,” Vipul Mehrotra, director-smart devices, Nokia India, told reporters here.
“It is designed to appeal to a more youthful audience purchasing their first smartphone and motivated by the opportunity to keep in touch with friends, family and all the latest information,” he added.
Running on the latest version of Windows Phone 7.5, Lumia 610 comes preloaded with Nokia’s suite of experiences including Nokia Maps, Nokia Drive and Nokia Transport in addition to over 1,00,000 apps to choose from on the Windows marketplace, the built-in Microsoft Office app and Xbox Live.
The smartphone comes equipped with 800 MHz processor and 8 GB of internal storage and features 3.7-inch display and a 5MP camera.
Nokia also said that it has partnered with Warner Brothers for providing exclusive content of its upcoming movie — The Dark Knight Rises — including its trailors, ringtones, wallpapers etc.
Apart from the content, the company also plans to release 200 units of the Dark Knight Rises version of Nokia 800 under a limited edition priced at Rs.25,999 starting mid-July.
According to a study conducted by CyberMedia Research, though Nokia continues to be the market leader with 23 percent market share in the overall category, it has lost grounds to Samsung in the smartphone category.
Samsung holds 40.4 percent market share in the smartphone category followed by Nokia and RIM with 25.5 percent and 12.3 percent shares respectively.
- Nokia announces launch of Lumia family phones - Nov 14, 2011
- Nokia launches new campaign ahead of IPL-5 - Apr 02, 2012
- Indian handsets market reports 5 percent drop in revenues - Jul 09, 2012
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 800 in India - Aug 24, 2012
- 'Nokia regaining lost ground in handset market' - Jun 07, 2012
- Apple ousts Nokia as world's largest smartphone vendor - Jul 30, 2011
- Indian mobile handsets market grows 10 percent in 2011 - Mar 01, 2012
- India's mobile handsets sales cross 50 mn in Jan-March - Jul 03, 2012
- Samsung to launch cheaper smartphones for India - Mar 18, 2012
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
- Nokia E7 touch-and-type phone launched in India - Mar 14, 2011
- Nokia launches 808 PureView for Rs.33,899 in India - Jun 13, 2012
- Samsung targets 60 percent of Indian smartphone market share - May 31, 2012
- Apple topples Nokia to become top smart phone seller - Jul 22, 2011
Tags: apps, dark knight, friends family, internal storage, limited edition, lumia, market leader, market share, mhz processor, microsoft office, New Delhi, new generation, rim, smart devices, smartphone, warner brothers, windows marketplace, windows phone, xbox live, youthful audience