Nokia executive vice president Anssi Vanjoki resignsSeptember 14th, 2010 - 1:08 am ICT by BNO News
ESPOO, FINLAND (BNO NEWS) — Nokia on Monday announced that the company’s Executive Vice President, Anssi Vanjoki, and member of Nokia’s Group Executive Board has resigned.
The announcement came days after speculation that Vanjoki would submit his resignation. He began working at Nokia in 1991, and he currently heads the company’s Mobile Solutions unit, which includes management of the Symbian smartphone and MeeGo computer product lines. He gave notice of his resignation, and with a six months notice period, he will continue in his current tasks for the time being.
“I felt the time has come to seek new opportunities in my life,” Anssi Vanjoki said. “At the same time, I am one hundred per cent committed to doing my best for Nokia until my very last working day. I am also really looking forward to this year’s Nokia World and sharing news about exciting new devices and solutions.”
On Friday, Nokia had announced the hiring of Stephen Elop, a Microsoft executive, as the new CEO, replacing Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo.
- Nokia to get new chief executive from Microsoft - Sep 10, 2010
- Nokia to close facilities, cut up to 10,000 jobs worldwide - Jun 15, 2012
- Nokia to reduce worldwide workforce by 4,000 - Apr 27, 2011
- Nokia reports drop in second-quarter net profit - Jul 22, 2010
- Nokia introduces microfinance schemes to push sales - Aug 19, 2009
- Nokia launches E6, X7 with Symbian Anna user interface - Jun 29, 2011
- Nokia Siemens buys Motorola unit for $1.2 billion - Jul 19, 2010
- Nokia announces acquisition of Novarra - Apr 09, 2010
- Nokia launches new campaign ahead of IPL-5 - Apr 02, 2012
- Nokia chief meets Manmohan Singh (Business Capsule-Two) - Aug 21, 2009
- Nokia sues Apple for infringement of patents with iPad - May 08, 2010
- Half billion people will use Google Android by 2015 - Sep 24, 2010
- Apple, Google, RIM neck-and-neck in smart phone market - Mar 04, 2011
- Google Android smart phones top as Nokia, BlackBerry sink - Jun 01, 2011
- Nokia launches Lumia 610 for Rs.12,999 in India - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: anssi vanjoki, bno, ceo, computer product, espoo finland, executive vice, group executive board, microsoft executive, mobile solutions, new opportunities, nokia, nokia world, notice period, resignation, sharing news, six months, smartphone, speculation, stephen elop, vice president