Nokia chief meets Manmohan Singh (Business Capsule-Two)August 21st, 2009 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 21 (IANS) Nokia Corp president and chief executive Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Friday and discussed government policies and steps taken by the company to ensure affordable connectivity in India.
Kallasvuo also discussed the need for re-energizing the telecom industry and how Nokia could participate in increasing telecom mobile penetration in the country.
The Nokia chief is in India on a three-day visit and has met key government officials and industry players.
Mumbai flats sold at Rs.25,000 per square feet
New Delhi: Mumbai-based realtor Modern India has sold four residential flats in its high-end Belvedere Court in the city at a price of Rs.25,000 per square feet.
The 40-storey Belvedere Court is one of the tallest buildings in the country.
“The good price they (the flats) fetched is a promising sign that the slump facing real estate is finally turning around,” the company said in a statement.
Bajaj Electricals enters green building segment
Gurgaon: Bajaj Electricals, through its luminaires division, has introduced green building solutions through use of modern lighting systems, both interior and exterior.
“These lighting systems act not only as energy savers, but also keep a watchful eye on environment pollution,” the company said in a statement Friday.
Panna diamond mine reopened after four years
New Delhi: Panna diamond mines, operated by National Mineral Development Corp (NMDC), were reopened Friday after remaining shut for four years due to environmental concerns, a government statement said.
The mines in Madhya Pradesh, which has a production capacity of 100,000 carats per annum, was “rededicated” to the nation by Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh.
The minister also said that NMDC is exploring for diamond reserves in Chattarpur district and coal deposits in Shahdole and Umaria districts. It is in the process of acquiring mining lease for development of coal blocks.
Compuware unveils new application software
Bangalore: IT major Compuware Corp has unveiled the latest version (11) of Vantage application performance software, customised for Indian enterprises across verticals.
“Vantage 11 empowers Indian enterprises during the current downturn to improve the quality of application performance, reduce costs and provide seamless path to business service delivery,” Compuware India head Vivek Kumar Sharma said at a preview of the product here Friday.
India to become largest WiMAX market in Asia Pacific
New Delhi: Some 150 cities in India will have wireless broadband network through WiMAX technology within 90 days of the allotment of 20 MHz spectrum to operators, according to WiMAX Forum India chairman C.S. Rao.
He said at the WiMAX India-2009 conference here Friday that India would become the largest WiMAX market in the Asia Pacific region by 2013.
But much would depend on early implementation of the proposed auction of the spectrum for the service, Rao added.
- Panna Diamond Mine in Madhya Pradesh reopens after four years - Aug 21, 2009
- Nokia to get new chief executive from Microsoft - Sep 10, 2010
- Government targets 100,000 carats of diamonds from Panna mines - Aug 26, 2009
- Nokia introduces microfinance schemes to push sales - Aug 19, 2009
- CVC probing BSNL's WiMAX tender: Kamat - Mar 04, 2011
- Nokia executive vice president Anssi Vanjoki resigns - Sep 14, 2010
- NMDC to acquire coking coal mine in Russia - Sep 24, 2011
- ZTE Telecom expects $4 bn business after 3G, WiMax rollout - Apr 16, 2010
- De Beers to reduce diamond production - Jul 21, 2012
- Reliance Globalcom bags over $100 mn managed services contracts - Sep 30, 2010
- NMDC detects tunnel-like structure under hillock - Mar 05, 2012
- Quippo to provide WiMax technology to Delhi airport (Business Capsule) - Sep 17, 2009
- Trans Damodar Coal Mining Project inaugurated - Apr 13, 2012
- Terror grips NMDC miners a day after Maoist attack - May 15, 2012
- India's telecom equipment industry grew 18.6 percent last fiscal - Jun 10, 2010
Tags: belvedere court, coal deposits, diamond mine, diamond mines, environment pollution, government statement, lighting systems, manmohan singh, mineral development, mobile penetration, modern india, modern lighting, nmdc, nokia corp, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, promising sign, residential flats, telecom mobile, virbhadra singh