Noida officials, farmers agree to 90-day truceJuly 30th, 2011 - 11:47 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, July 30 (IANS) The Noida Authority Saturday assured farmers that all their demands regarding land acquisition will be worked out within three months, officials said.
At a meeting held with pradhans (village heads) of 54 villages, the authority officials agreed to resolve all their issues within ninety days.
The farmers’ demands were presented to the administration by Surendra Nagar, Lok Sabha member from Gautam Budh Nagar, in the presence of state Minister Thakur Jaiveer Singh — both from the ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
Noida chairman Balvinder Kumar said that the farmers have agreed to stop their protests altogether.
“We have agreed to meet all their demands within 90 days. The demand of 5 percent plots for the people of 35 villages and the abadi (inhabited land) issue of 54 villages will all be settled within this time,” he said.
“We will also float a residential scheme for farmers,” Kumar added.
Naresh Yadav of the Sorkha Jahidabad Kisan Sangharsh Samiti, said: “They have assured us to meet our demands within 90 days. In every 15 days, they will regularise the abadi of 10 villages and dispense their 5 percent plots.”
“The authority has also assured us that it will not come out with any further residential allotment scheme or allot land to builders until the farmers of all 54 villages receive their 5 percent plots,” he said.
Mahesh Awana, spokesperson of the Noida Kisan Sangharsh Samiti, said: “They have agreed to develop our peripheral roads. They have also assured us that our children will get reservation in private schools… Apart from this, we have asked them to develop the healthcare facilities in our villages.”
“We are waiting for the first 15 days and to see whether they are actually doing the work or simply loud-mouthing. If the 10 villages are not covered in 15 days, we will stop the builders’ work,” farmer leader Naresh Yadav said.
- Administration threatening us, say Noida farmers - Oct 03, 2011
- Noida farmers to stall building projects - Oct 03, 2011
- Noida farmers seek higher compensation, jobs - Aug 09, 2011
- Agitating Noida farmers assured demands will be met - Jul 25, 2011
- Noida, Greater Noida farmers and home buyers on war path (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Compensation rate raised for Greater Noida village - Aug 06, 2011
- Greater Noida farmers oppose settlement deal - Aug 07, 2011
- No headway in talks between Greater Noida officials, farmers - Aug 01, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh farmers call indefinite fast from Monday - Aug 28, 2010
- Court cancels acquisition in 3 Noida villages, hikes compensation - Oct 21, 2011
- Noida land acquisition row: Apex court notice to UP, Noida (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Fourth Lead, correcting designation in para 4) - May 09, 2011
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Third Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Farmers have to face bullets in Uttar Pradesh, says Rahul (Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- Noida farmers seek CBI probe in land acquisition - Jul 16, 2011
Tags: allotment, authority officials, farmers, healthcare facilities, kisan, land acquisition, lok sabha member, ninety days, noida authority, presence, private schools, protests, sangharsh, spokesperson, state minister, surendra, thakur, three months, truce, yadav