Nod for upgrade of Gujarat NRE’s Australian mineOctober 18th, 2011 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 18 (IANS) Gujarat NRE’s Australian arm has got approval for $122 million upgrade of existing infrastructure at its coking coal mine at Russell Vale in Australia’s New South Wales.
According to a company release here Tuesday, the New South Wales Planning Assessment Commission (NSW PAC) has given written approval to the project, which includes, continuing the extraction of up to one million tonnes of coking coal per annum from the Bulli and Wongawilli seams for the next three years and upgrading the existing surface facilities and infrastructure.
Gujarat NRE’s executive chairman Arun Kumar Jagatramka said this was great news for the company and its workers.
The approval would give added security to the current 350 personnel working at NRE No. 1 mine and also provide short-term employment for additional workers during the construction of the surface facility upgrades, he added.
Gujarat NRE is aiming to put on public exhibition further details of its $250 million expansion plans for the Russell Vale mine by the end of this year.
- Gujarat NRE Coking Coal gets nod for longwall mining in Australia - Mar 28, 2012
- Gujarat NRE places $90 million order with Joy Manufacturing - Apr 26, 2010
- 6 mn tonnes coking coal from Australia by 2015: Gujarat NRE - May 23, 2011
- Gujarat NRE Minerals to file draft papers for IPO - Sep 10, 2010
- Gujarat NRE Coke approves issuance of 5 crore warrants - May 15, 2012
- Australian varsity planning campus in Gujarat - Feb 06, 2012
- Gujarat NRE Coke's Australian subsidiary raises Rs.320 crore - Feb 17, 2011
- Greens oppose Indian firm's mining near Sydney - Jun 01, 2008
- Gujarat NRE's Australian arm secures $50-mn loan - May 11, 2009
- GNM approved for acquiring Rey Resources - Aug 12, 2009
- Indian minister visits Australia to look for coal - Sep 04, 2009
- Gujarat NRE to start Dharwad operations in October - Sep 19, 2009
- Gujarat NRE Coke's net profit down 19 percent - Nov 09, 2011
- Gujarat NRE to invest Rs.1,000 crore for plant in Andhra - May 13, 2010
- Meghalaya rules out ban on rat-hole mining - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: arun kumar, australian arm, bulli, coal mine, coking coal, executive chairman, expansion plans, facility upgrades, great news, gujarat nre, new south wales, nod, one million, pac, public exhibition, seams, surface facilities, surface facility, term employment, tonnes