Nod for Kolkata gas distribution MoUOctober 20th, 2011 - 12:16 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 19 (IANS) The West Bengal government Monday approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Greater Calcutta Gas Supply Corporation Ltd (GCGSCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) to set up gas distribution system in the city.
“The cabinet today (Thursday) gave approval to the proposal, given by the industry department, of an MoU among GCGSCL, HPCL and GAIL to set up gas distribution system in the city,” Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee told reporters after a cabinet meeting at the state Secretariat here.
GCGSC is a government of West Bengal undertaking.
GAIL, the country’s biggest gas marketing company, is looking to expand rapidly in areas of city gas distribution (CGD) and related pipeline infrastructure through tie-up with various state government entities.
After tying up with state entities in Karnataka and Kerala, the company is now looking to forge partnerships with state government entities in other states.
The state-owned company revived discussion with the West Bengal government about its investment plans for the state after a hiatus of almost seven long years.
Earlier, GAIL had announced extension of HBJ gas pipeline to Haldia in the state and acquisition of GCGSCL.
- GAIL to invest Rs.11,000 crore in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 14, 2012
- Andhra gets Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment at Partnership Summit (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Gas distribution networks to be set up in Uttar Pradesh - May 22, 2012
- India plans two national gas grids - Oct 19, 2010
- Rashtriya Ispat to invest Rs.42,000 crore in Andra Pradesh - Jan 16, 2012
- GAIL to form joint venture to supply gas to Karnataka - Jun 08, 2011
- Russia's Gazprom to supply LNG to India - Jul 21, 2011
- LNG terminal capacity to be doubled at Kochi: Petroleum Secretary - Nov 22, 2010
- Andhra Pradesh to fight for share of gas, royalties - Aug 04, 2009
- India, Angola agree for cooperation in hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- PSUs turn conservators, take care of 16 monuments - Aug 18, 2010
- Pakistan, Turkmenistan ink five accords - Nov 15, 2011
- ONGC inks deal with GAIL for gas supply - Jul 24, 2012
- Andhra bags Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment projects - Jan 12, 2012
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investment (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: cgd, gas authority of india limited, gas distribution system, gas marketing, gas pipeline, government of west bengal, hbj, hindustan petroleum, hindustan petroleum corporation, hindustan petroleum corporation limited, hpcl, industry minister, memorandum of understanding, partha chatterjee, pipeline infrastructure, seven long years, state entities, state government entities, state secretariat, west bengal government