No razing in Delhi’s illegal colonies till 2014December 14th, 2011 - 10:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 14 (IANS) Parliament Wednesday passed a bill which puts a stop till 2014 on demolitions in Delhi’s unauthorised colonies and village settlements.
The National Capital Territory of Delhi Laws (Special Provisions) Second Bill, 2011 was passed by the Rajya Sabha after a brief debate in which Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath said the time of three years will be used to improve the Master Plan of Delhi.
“Till that time people living in the unauthorised colonies and village settlements should not fear demolitions,” Nath said.
This protection will, however, not be extended to encroachment on government land and unsafe structures. However, any punitive action will have be approved by the Lt. Governor of Delhi.
“The proposed act will provide temporary relief and minimize avoidable hardship and irreparable loss to the people, while facilitating realistic revision of Master Plan for Delhi and ensuring its smooth implementation by maintaining status quo in the entire National Capital Territory of Delhi,” Nath said at a press conference later.
The minister said the current master plan was flawed and time was needed to correct it.
- Apex court puts sealing in Delhi on hold, to examine law - Jan 03, 2012
- Lok Sabha passes anti-demolition bill for Delhi - Mar 18, 2011
- Parliament passes anti-demolition bill for Delhi - Mar 22, 2011
- Lok Sabha MPs complain about Delhi's Master Plan - Dec 12, 2011
- MCD engineers face heat after court rebuke - Dec 18, 2011
- Over 4,200 illegal settlements on railway land in national capital region - Aug 04, 2011
- Delhi Police do not help stop illegal construction: MCD - Nov 20, 2010
- Build one lakh houses for poor: Kamal Nath - Aug 31, 2012
- Dikshit lauds steps to regularise illegal colonies - Jun 09, 2012
- Delhi government gets a year to improve infrastructure - Dec 17, 2009
- 'Claims of regularising unauthorised colonies a gimmick' - Jul 05, 2012
- Delhi High Court dismisses plea against regularising illegal colonies - Sep 12, 2012
- Irrelevant Delhi master plan will be revised: Kamal Nath - Nov 10, 2011
- Court notice on Delhi's illegal colonies - Aug 22, 2012
- Apex court slams civic officials for illegal constructions - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,