No proposal to allot CWG flats to VIPs: DDADecember 6th, 2010 - 1:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 6 (IANS) Delhi’s housing agency has denied any proposal to allot Commonwealth Games (CWG) Village flats to politicians, bureaucrats and police officers, a Right to Information (RTI) query revealed Monday.
RTI activist Subhash Agrawal had sought details from the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) on whether it planned to make any privilege allotment to VIPs.
DDA in its reply Dec 1 said “no such information is available in this office (DDA)”.
There are 1,168 flats - 31 two-bedroom, 765 three-bedroom, 209 four-bedroom and 163 five-bedroom ones - at the CWG Village near Akshardham in east Delhi, DDA said in its reply.
Of these, DDA can sell 711 flats while the remaining 790 will be sold by private developer Emaar-MGF.
There have been reports in the media that the DDA is planning to give the majority of CWG flats to senior officials.
- CWG village flats: Pay dues to DDA, court tells Emaar MGF - Mar 19, 2012
- Three-bedroom flat at Games village for Rs.2.6 crore - Jan 21, 2010
- Shock for CWG flat owners: Emaar-MGF owes government Rs.314 crore - Mar 13, 2012
- DDA taking over 700 Games Village flats (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Games village flats will be auctioned: DDA - Oct 30, 2010
- CWG village: DDA says builder can allot flats - Apr 19, 2012
- Emaar-MGF's Rs.183-cr bank guarantee confiscated - Oct 20, 2010
- Kalmadi blames builder and contractor for Village mess - Sep 30, 2010
- Emaar-MGF moves court against DDA on bank guarantee - Oct 25, 2010
- Jaipal defends DDA's bailout package for Emaar MGF - Oct 21, 2010
- Games Village will be a residential showpiece - Oct 04, 2009
- 'Expedite issue of completion certificates' - Feb 24, 2012
- Emaar-MGF under scanner, ED may summon Bhanot (Roundup) - Oct 20, 2010
- Irregularities in awarding CWG Village work to Emaar: CAG - Aug 05, 2011
- DDA starts process of taking over Games Village flats - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: 163, activist, agrawal, akshardham, allotment, bureaucrats, commonwealth games, delhi development authority, east delhi, housing agency, mgf, New Delhi, police officers, politicians, private developer, privilege, proposal, rti, senior officials, subhash