No privatisation of power utilities in Tamil NaduDecember 14th, 2009 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 14 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi Monday declared that the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) and its two newly formed subsidiaries will not be privatised.
Launching the Tamil Nadu Transmission Corp here, he said: “As declared earlier, on no account the three power utilities will be privatised. The formation of the three entities will not affect the employees.”
The government hived off the generation, distribution and transmission activities of TNEB into three companies so as to comply with the Electricity Act 2003.
While Tamil Nadu Transmission Corp will look after power transmission, Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation will take care of power generation and distribution.
TNEB will be the holding company for the two newly formed companies.
Karunanidhi said employees of TNEB can opt for one of three companies and their current perks and perquisites will be protected.
According to Karunanidhi, the installed power generation capacity in the state will go up by 5,900MW to 15,152 MW by 2012.
- Allot power, don't be callous, Jayalalithaa tells PM - Mar 09, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to annul Udangudi power joint venture soon - Jun 18, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite plans to enter power transmission sector - May 27, 2011
- Tamil Nadu power units to raise Rs.11,000 crore - Mar 12, 2012
- Coastal Energen looking to buy out Al Rostamani stakes - Jan 19, 2012
- BHEL still keen on Udangudi power project - Apr 08, 2012
- Tamil Nadu hopes to save Rs.900 crore in Udangudi project - Feb 29, 2012
- Power situation to improve from June: Jayalalithaa - Feb 04, 2012
- 'Tamil Nadu restructuring power board to get central grants' - Jun 17, 2009
- BHEL's exit from Udangudi Power depends on government's offer - Feb 26, 2012
- Tamil Nadu power crisis may ease - Jun 04, 2011
- PM should seek Dayanidhi's resignation: Jayalalithaa - Jun 01, 2011
- Tamil Nadu scraps power joint venture with BHEL - Feb 24, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite to power capacity to 4,640 MW by 2015 - Jul 08, 2011
- OPG Power to increase capacity to 740 MW by 2013 - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,