No more bottled water for Israel ministersAugust 9th, 2010 - 7:01 am ICT by IANS
Jerusalem, Aug 9 (IANS) Bottled mineral water will no longer be served at ministerial meetings in Israel, as a government forum said cabinet ministers will now have to quench their thirst with plain tap water.
The Forum of Water Corporation said opting for tap water can save a lot of money.
“Beyond being a waste of public money, this habit displays a lack of trust in tap water, for which the government itself is responsible,” Xinhua quoted forum chairman David Kochmeister as writing in a letter to Cabinet Secretary Tzvi Hauser.
Kochmeister described tap water as “clean, healthy and for which there is no impediment to drinking”.
The ministers “must lead by example and exhibit faith in its institutions that work day in and out to ensure the supply of quality water to the citizens of the country,” he said.
Hauser, responsible for food and drink at cabinet meetings, agreed to the proposal. He, however, said the decision will not harm the nation’s mineral water industry.
Hauser had earlier changed the menu at ministerial meetings. He instituted a healthier menu of vegetables, fruits and yogurt, which replaced the more calorie-rich pastries.
- Diet drinks could make you pile on pounds - Jun 29, 2011
- Coke's 'health' drink 'too sweet to be nutritious' - Jan 19, 2011
- Himachal in political spat with Delhi over dam project - Jul 21, 2011
- Water increases alertness, regulates blood pressure - Jul 07, 2010
- Agra's unique Jal Sewaks return - May 16, 2011
- Healthy Snacks, Weight Loss Can Surely Work Jointly - Oct 15, 2010
- Himachal raises objections to Renuka dam project - Jun 16, 2012
- Himachal dam row spills to Delhi's fruit market - Nov 23, 2010
- This doctor cures 'ailing' hand pumps too - Aug 10, 2011
- Curb wastage, cut pollution to tackle water disputes: experts - Feb 16, 2012
- Two cups of water can help you fight the bulge - Aug 24, 2010
- US wants restaurants to show calorie content on menus - Apr 03, 2011
- Chilean miners' rescue shaft hits problem - Sep 02, 2010
- 'Mumbai wasting crores on water management' - Jul 09, 2011
- Drinking water before meals is the best way to lose weight - Aug 24, 2010
Tags: bottled mineral water, bottled water, cabinet meetings, cabinet ministers, cabinet secretary, chairman david, forum chairman, government forum, hauser, impediment, lack of trust, ministerial meetings, pastries, public money, quality water, tap water, tzvi, water corporation, water industry, xinhua