No GoM consensus on proposed Greater Noida airport (Lead)October 21st, 2008 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) A Group of Ministers (GoM) which met Tuesday to take a call on constructing a greenfield airport at Greater Noida failed to reach consensus on the issue and will meet again later, Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel said.”We met and discussed the issue. But we have not been able to reach consensus. We will meet sometime later,” Patel told reporters after the meeting, which was attended among others by Finance Minister P Chidambaram and Science and Technology Minister Kapil Sibal.
Patel however could not specify when the GoM would meet again.
The airport is proposed to be built at Jewar in Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh.
A controversy arose over the proposal as current norms stipulate that any airport proposal within 150 km of an existing one needs to be examined for its implications on existing infrastructure.
The proposed site in Greater Noida is within 150 km of the Delhi airport.
The government had earlier sought legal opinion on the issue and asked Attorney General Milon Banerjee for a report.
- Ministers to take final call on Greater Noida airport - Oct 21, 2008
- Uttar Pradesh again pushes for airport at Greater Noida - Jun 12, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh for international airport in Greater Noida only - Feb 23, 2010
- Five new airports to come up in two years: Praful Patel - Jul 16, 2009
- BSP MPs urge PM to sanction Greater Noida airport - Apr 21, 2010
- Cabinet approves new international airport for Goa - Jun 10, 2010
- Agra residents cry foul over airport in Jewar - Jun 16, 2010
- Akhilesh Yadav to speed up Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor - Aug 11, 2012
- Ministerial panel seeks clarification from Air India - Feb 03, 2010
- NCP and government mend fences, PM praises Pawar (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Ajit Singh proposes an airport at Mathura - Jun 11, 2012
- NOIDA authority nod to Botanical Garden-Kalindi Kunj link - Jul 10, 2012
- Ministerial panel on Air India to meet next week: Ravi - Jul 18, 2011
- Mayawati meets PM; seeks flood relief, approval of airport project (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- PM praises Pawar, UPA row ebbs for now (Roundup) - Jul 20, 2012