NMDC to open new iron ore mine in ChhattisgarhJuly 29th, 2011 - 1:24 am ICT by IANS
Raipur, July 28 (IANS) NMDC Ltd, India’s largest iron ore producer and exporter in the public sector, said Thursday it plans to open a new iron ore mine in Chhattisgarh.
“As part of its expansion programme, NMDC has plans to open two new mines, one in Bailadila Sector in Chhattisgarh- Deposit-11B Iron Ore Project- and the other in Bellary-Hospet region in Karnataka- Kumaraswamy Iron Ore Mine,” a company statement said.
NMDC has already several mines at Bailadila sector that is split into Bacheli and Kirandul mining complexes that falls under India’s worst Maoist insurgency-hit district Dantewada.
The statement added that the company has been pursuing all its expansion programmes and NMDC as part of its forward integration programme and value addition, is setting up a 3 MTPA steel plant at Nagarnar in Chhattisgarh, for which major packages are being finalised and awarded.
The company informed that recently NMDC signed the contract for setting up the country’s largest blast furnace of 4,506 cubic metre for its upcoming Chhattisgarh-based steel plant with Tata Projects Limited, Danieli Corus, Netherland and Danieli Corus.
- NMDC to set up India's largest blast furnace in Chhattisgarh - Jun 01, 2011
- Maoists' shutdown hits NMDC iron ore transportation - Jul 08, 2011
- Railways suffer loss in Chhattisgarh as protest continues - Jan 20, 2012
- NMDC to begin work on Chhattisgarh steel plant in October - Apr 28, 2010
- NMDC, BEC agreement for Chhattisgarh steel plant - Sep 06, 2011
- NMDC signs deal with MECON for Chhattisgarh project - Feb 24, 2011
- NMDC resumes iron shipment from Chhattisgarh - Jan 23, 2012
- Chhattisgarh legislator threatens to stop NMDC mining - Jan 29, 2012
- Strike hits mining in Chhattisgarh - Feb 28, 2012
- Maoists kill two CISF men at Chhattisgarh mining site - Nov 16, 2011
- Terror grips NMDC miners a day after Maoist attack - May 15, 2012
- Maoist shutdown hits iron ore shipment in Chhattisgarh - Mar 23, 2010
- Essar Steel commissions Phase 1 of Odisha pellet plant - Apr 09, 2012
- Maoist shutdown hits NMDC iron ore transportation (Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- Day after blast, terror stalks Chhattisgarh miners - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: blast furnace, chhattisgarh raipur, cubic metre, danieli corus, forward integration, India, iron ore producer, karnataka, kumaraswamy, maoist, mtpa, netherland, new mines, nmdc, public sector, steel plant, tata, value addition