Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan SunnyDecember 12th, 2011 - 7:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 12 (IANS) Japanese car manufacture Nissan Monday launched the diesel variant of its mid-size sedan Sunny, priced between Rs.7.98 lakh and Rs.8.78 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) with a mileage of 21.64 km per litre.
The company thinks the new variant would help in capturing the growing diesel car market in the country.
“At a time, when the Indian market is witnessing an increase in demand for diesel cars, Sunny diesel with Nissan technology of high performance and fuel economy will be the right choice for our valued customers,” said Kiminobu Tokuyama, managing director and chief executive, Nissan Motor India.
The car, manufactured at Nissan’s Chennai plant, comes with a five-speed manual transmission with K9K diesel engine developed under the Renault-Nissan alliance.
The sedan also sports high levels of active and passive safety features, such as anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), brake assist (BA), engine immobilizer and airbags, says a company statement.
The car is available in two variants of XL and XV. Nissan had launched the petrol variant of the Sunny last September.
- All India sale of Nissan hatchback Micra starts - Jul 15, 2010
- Renault launches Scala sedan - Sep 07, 2012
- Nissan to unveil diesel variant of Micra in India - Nov 25, 2010
- Ford launches two new variants of Fiesta sedan - Jul 14, 2011
- Hover plans to sell 100,000 Nissan cars - Sep 22, 2011
- Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedan - Sep 05, 2011
- Nissan studying India's small car segment - Sep 26, 2011
- Top level changes at Nissan India, Renault Nissan - Mar 23, 2012
- Tata Motors launches crossover car Aria - Oct 18, 2010
- Nissan Motor unveils the sketch of its new sedan - Oct 12, 2010
- Nissan launches mid-size sedan Sunny - Sep 20, 2011
- Nissan India sells over 1,600 cars in June - Jul 01, 2011
- Renault enters compact car segment with Pulse launch - Jan 06, 2012
- Renault bets on diesel models to beat competition - Dec 18, 2011
- Hyundai launches new Elantra - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: airbags, anti lock braking system, car market, diesel car, diesel cars, diesel engine, engine immobilizer, force distribution, fuel economy, japanese car, lakh, last september, lock braking system, manual transmission, mid size, nissan motor, passive safety features, renault nissan, rs 8, tokuyama