Nissan, Honda Motorcycle log good growth in JuneJuly 2nd, 2012 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 2 (IANS) Nissan Motor India Private Ltd, the Indian subsidiary of Japanese auto maker Nissan Motor Company, Monday announced that it closed June 2012 with sales of 4,167 units up from 1,632 units sold in June last year.
In a statement issued here, the company said the sales growth was driven by Micra and Sunny models contributing 4,157 units and the balance 10 units comprising models like X-Trail, Teana and the 370Z sports car.
“Though the Indian economy and the local automobile market have been going through some difficulty in the recent times, we have witnessed encouraging sales,” managing director Ishida Takayuki was quoted as saying in the statement.
In the two wheeler segment while Indian companies like Bajaj Auto and TVS Motor logged negative growth last month, Japanese company Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India logged 52 percent sales increase.
Honda Motorcycle registered total sales of 226,864 units (motorcycles 103,130 units, scooters 123,734 units) last month as against 148,937 units (motorcycles 70,135 units, scooters 78,802 units) clocked in June 2011, said the company in a statement.
- Hyundai and Nissan Motor log growth in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Nissan India sells over 1,600 cars in June - Jul 01, 2011
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar, Nissan Motor India sales up in May - Jun 01, 2012
- Micra drives up Nissan sales - Mar 01, 2011
- Top level changes at Nissan India, Renault Nissan - Mar 23, 2012
- Nissan, Ford post higher sales in March - Apr 01, 2011
- Ford India and Nissan register sales growth in November - Dec 01, 2011
- Honda Motorcycle logs growth, TVS Motor slips in February - Mar 01, 2012
- Good take-off for two-wheelers in 2011, companies mark sales growth (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Nissan Motor sells 1,249 cars in August - Sep 01, 2010
- Indian auto makers post good sales growth in August (Lead) - Sep 01, 2010
- Indian auto makers log good sales growth in July - Aug 02, 2010
- Honda's third manufacturing unit to be ready in 2013 - Jun 20, 2012
- Smooth ride for two-wheeler makers in February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: auto maker, automobile market, chennai, honda motorcycle, indian economy, indian subsidiary, japanese auto, japanese company, managing director, motorcycles, nissan, nissan motor, nissan motor company, private ltd, scooter, sports car, teana, tvs, two wheeler, x trail