Nissan, Ford post higher sales in MarchApril 1st, 2011 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 1 (IANS) The Indian subsidiary of Japanese auto major Nissan Motor Company closed March with a sales of 2,101 units up from 89 units sold during the comparable month the previous year.
Nissan Motor India sold 2,060 units of its compact car Micra last Month, up from 2,030 units sold in February this year, a company statement said.
The sales of its luxury sedan Teana and sports utility vehicle (SUV) X-Trail went down last month to 11 units and 29 units respectively from 21 and 68 units sold during March 2010.
The company also sold one unit of its sports car Nissan 370Z in March, the statement added.
The Indian subsidiary of the American auto major Ford Motor Company sold 10,485 units in March, up from 9,478 units sold in March 2010.
Ford India will start exports of its compact car Figo to Mexico in April with an initial consignment of 1,000 units. The car has already been exported to South Africa and Nepal.
- Micra drives up Nissan sales - Mar 01, 2011
- Hyundai and Nissan Motor log growth in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Nissan India sells over 1,600 cars in June - Jul 01, 2011
- Ford India and Nissan register sales growth in November - Dec 01, 2011
- Nissan Motor sells one Micra more in September - Oct 04, 2010
- Nissan, Honda Motorcycle log good growth in June - Jul 02, 2012
- Indian automobile sector's March sales soar (Roundup) - Apr 01, 2011
- India's car makers begin 2011 with impressive sales growth - Feb 01, 2011
- Nissan Motor sells 1,249 cars in August - Sep 01, 2010
- Indian auto makers log good sales growth in July - Aug 02, 2010
- Indian auto makers post good sales growth in August (Lead) - Sep 01, 2010
- Ford's Figo crosses one lakh-sales mark - Jul 01, 2011
- Ford to export Figo to Mexico, Middle East, North Africa - Mar 09, 2011
- Renault-Nissan starts commercial production of Micra - May 24, 2010
- Ford records growth in February sales - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: american auto, april 1, chennai, compact car, consignment, figo, ford india, ford motor, ford motor company, indian subsidiary, japanese auto, nissan, nissan 370z, nissan motor, nissan motor company, previous year, sports car, sports utility vehicle, teana, x trail