Nilkamal set to enter Kerala’s mattress marketJuly 13th, 2011 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, July 13 (IANS) The Rs.1,500 crore Mumbai-based Nilkamal Ltd, market leaders in the furniture business, is all set to enter the lucrative mattress market in Kerala later this month.
Speaking to IANS, G. Sivaram, chief marketing officer of the newly formed mattress division, said the firm has already begun sales of products in select cities.
“Kerala is a huge market and we expect to touch Rs.50 crore in the first year itself and for that we have special products that will be launched here for the first time,” said Sivaram.
The special product is a health care mattress that will help those who have a troubled back.
“Around 35 percent of our life is spend on the bed and keeping that in mind we are launching a few innovative products which are expected to be a hit,” said Sivaram.
Niikamal at present has a 70 percent share in the Kerala market in the moulded furniture division.
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- Electrotherm launches innovative casters - May 16, 2011
- Furniture giant Natuzzi to consolidate its India presence - Nov 04, 2011
- L&T; planning private equity fund after IPO - Jul 25, 2011
- Parle eyeing 25 pc market share in snacks segment - Mar 25, 2012
- ABD launches new brandy in Kerala - Feb 02, 2012
- Kerala coir products gain market share in Africa, Latin America - Feb 03, 2012
- Kerala to promote souvenirs in a big way - Sep 09, 2010
- Kochi Metro gets ok, protests over land (Third Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- H&R; Johnson pumps in Rs.225 crore in Andhra unit - May 18, 2012
- LG India ventures into business to business segment - Jun 07, 2011
- Himalya International plant starts production - Apr 26, 2012
- Kerala's health sector gets Rs.2,150 crore investment - Sep 11, 2012
- Arbitration will be our last resort: Smart City Dubai - Dec 31, 2010
- Kerala mulling cutting operating costs of IT firms - Jan 19, 2012