NIIT posts $170 mn net profitJuly 24th, 2008 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) IT training and talent development company NIIT Ltd has recorded a net profit of $170 million for the first quarter of 2008-09 compared to Rs.154 million over the same period last year. Though the company registered a year-on-year growth, its net profit declined from the January-March quarter figure of Rs.252 million, NIIT announced Thursday.
The company’s net revenue showed a YoY increase of 15 percent clocking Rs.2.59 billion. The highest growth product for NIIT in the first quarter was its school learning solution program that showed a growth of 42 percent in revenue. The Andhra Pradesh government has mandated this programme in 2,000 schools across the state.
The first quarter also witnessed NIIT partnering with Genpact to start a business process outsourcing (BPO) training program, adding Infospectrum India’s enterprise resource planning software suite in its school learning program and setting up a model training facility in Dalian, China, taking the overall tally of NIIT centres in China to 177 across 24 provinces.
The company’s global enrolment grew by 28 percent in the quarter.
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Infinite Computer Solutions yearly net up 35 percent - May 10, 2011
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Wipro net up 14 percent in fourth quarter - Apr 27, 2011
- Infosys net up 27 percent in fourth quarter - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2012
- Wipro net up eight percent in fourth quarter - Apr 25, 2012
- Wipro's IT outlook remains flat on marginal growth (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Infosys profits from weak rupee, lowers dollar guidance (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys beats guidance, revises outlook again - Oct 12, 2011
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- Infosys net up 10 percent in second quarter - Oct 12, 2011
- Infosys net profit up 16 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2011
- Wipro net up for quarter, fiscal; sees flat IT growth (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: andhra pradesh government, business process outsourcing, dalian china, enterprise resource planning, enterprise resource planning software, first quarter, genpact, India, infospectrum, model training, net profit, New Delhi, niit ltd, resource planning software, software suite, solution program, talent development company, tally