NIIT IFBI and HDFC Bank announce strategic allianceNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:00 am ICT by admin
Under the terms of the partnership, HDFC Bank would make an offer of employment to identified students of IFBI at the time of their admission to the PGDBO program. Such students would complete the internship component of their PGDBO program at HDFC Bank, and get employed, post successful completion of the requirements.
The Institute of Finance, Banking and Insurance is an initiative of NIIT Ltd, Asia’s No. 1 trainer and leading Global Talent Development Corporation, to develop talent for the burgeoning Financial Services sector.
“As a bank we have always believed in investing in the development of young talent, thereby creating a pool of trained resources which would benefit the banking industry and community as a whole. I am delighted about this partnership with NIIT’s IFBI which is a step towards the bank’s commitment to this cause,” said Mandeep Maitra, Country Head-HR, HDFC Bank.
“We are delighted to have HDFC Bank as IFBI’s strategic partner. This partnership reflects the universal acceptance that IFBI’s programs have received. With the participation of both HDFC and ICICI Banks in IFBI’s academic programs, our efforts to develop talent for the industry are strengthened, and we continue to provide our students a broader and richer experience,” said Dr. Smarajit Dey, President-Strategic Initiatives, NIIT.
Students desirous of building a career in one of the leading banks in India, the HDFC Bank, need to meet the eligibility criteria of at least 55 percent marks, consistently, up to graduation, and successfully undertake IFBI’s PGDBO selection process, consisting of an aptitude test (IFBI’s Common Entrance Test, I-CET), and an interview, jointly conducted by IFBI and HDFC Bank. Successful candidates will be offered admission to the six-month full-time PGDBO program, along with an offer letter from HDFC Bank.
IFBI already has a tie-up with ICICI Bank for recruitment of its PGDBO students selected at the time of admission, and more than 1000 graduates have already joined under this scheme, while another 1000 are currently completing their training prior to employment.
With India’s banking industry estimated to add six lakh more professionals in the next four to five years, and equally large manpower requirements in the Insurance industry, IFBI is currently rapidly expanding its reach and portfolio to cater to these talent-development needs.
Within one year of its operations, IFBI is already addressing the training needs of four large financial institutions in the country. The institute has expanded operations by starting new centres in Ahmedabad, Pune, Gurgaon, Bhubaneswar and Nagpur, in addition to its existing centres at Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata, taking the total tally to twelve centres, across the country. (ANI)
- Karnataka employment exchange secures jobs for 60 people - Nov 11, 2010
- Declare 2012 as year of 'Proud to be Skilled Indian' (Comment) - Dec 25, 2011
- MTNL inks pact with Welingkar to train talent for telecom industry - Sep 07, 2012
- Scheme for unemployed Kashmiri youth - Aug 22, 2011
- Global firms vie to grab Bangalore biz whizkids - Mar 24, 2012
- Wipro's first rural BPO centre comes up in Tamil Nadu - Aug 26, 2011
- IIT Delhi top university for IT graduates in India - Mar 08, 2011
- HDFC Standard Life COO quits - Jul 03, 2012
- Government offers free vocational coaching to minority students - Apr 27, 2011
- Common admission test for B-schools now - Dec 05, 2011
- Reliance Life Insurance in talk with banks for tie-up - Aug 19, 2012
- Kamath, the force behind ICICI's rise (Profile) - May 01, 2011
- Swiss institute announces online course with Taj group - Oct 04, 2011
- IIM-Lucknow to help train SC, ST candidates - Sep 07, 2012
- NIIT acquires Spanish IT firm Proyecta - Aug 16, 2011
Tags: admission, announce strategic alliance, aptitude test, banking operations, banks in india, burgeoning, common entrance test, completion, financial services sector, global talent, hdfc bank, ifbi, internship component, mandeep, niit ltd, offer of employment, partnership, post graduate diploma, talent development, universal acceptance