Night closure of Mehrauli-Gurgaon road for Metro workMay 28th, 2009 - 9:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) A 10 km stretch on the Mehrauli-Gurgaon road will be closed from midnight to 6 a.m. from Saturday till July 9 for Metro construction work, officials said.
“To facilitate construction of the Gurgaon extension of the Delhi Metro, the Mehrauli-Gurgaon (MG) Road will remain blocked on both sides from Manglapuri (Mandi Cut) to Ayanagar Mod from 12 midnight to 6 a.m. from Saturday till July 9,” a Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) statement said.
This is the first time that a stretch so long is being completely blocked for construction. Previously DMRC has constructed interim detours or rerouted traffic nearby, an official said.
Vehicles will have to use National Highway 8 or the Gurgaon-Faridabad Road and the Gaddipur-Mandi Road instead, the statement added.
Traffic movement on the stretch will remain normal during day time.
- Vulnerable areas of Delhi prone to waterlogging (To go with Delhi waterlogging story) - Aug 24, 2010
- Fire in liquor shop near Sahara Mall in Gurgaon - Jul 02, 2012
- Haryana allocates Rs.900 crore for metro work in Gurgaon - Jul 13, 2009
- Gurgaon hooliganism due to lack of cops: Residents - Jan 02, 2012
- Gurgaon roads to be cleaner soon - Dec 15, 2010
- Power supply to some south Delhi areas to be affected - Jul 19, 2010
- Delhi metro enters Gurgaon for trial runs - Jan 29, 2010
- DMRC signs MoU with Haryana for Badarpur-Faridabad link - Mar 26, 2012
- Construction work on Badarpur-Faridabad Metro link begins - Mar 28, 2012
- Wet Raksha Bandhan in Delhi, more rains Wednesday (Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
- Traffic woes continue for Delhiites (Roundup) - Sep 28, 2010
- Delhi Metro officials unsure when to start Gurgaon line - Jan 28, 2010
- Women can work round the clock in Gurgaon: Police chief - Mar 15, 2012
- Metro ridership touches 18 lakh, sets new record - Aug 02, 2011
- Metro service connecting Delhi, Gurgaon starts - Jun 21, 2010