Nifty hits an all time high of 6000-markNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:15 am ICT by admin
The 50-share index touched a day low of 5,837 before closing at 5,866.
The Bombay Stock Exchange’s benchmark 30-share Sensex moved in a range of 19,634-20,204 before closing at 19,724.
The benchmark was high on investor optimism duly backed by the US central bank’s interest rate on Wednesday cut of 25 basis points to 4.5 per cent signalling further lower borrowing cost.
The market breadth was strong with over 800 stocks on the advancing side and only 65 stocks on the downside on NSE.
“We saw the BSE Sensex crossing 20,000 but it took time for NSE to cross 6,000. It took almost 24 sessions to cross 5000 and reach 6000,” said Ganesh Shanbaugh, a market analyst.
The BSE Sensex touched the 20,000-point mark for the first time on October 29. It took 10 trading sessions for the index to move from 19,000 to 20,000
“This is a temporary phenomenon and nothing to worry. Overall, we have seen that the economic growth in the country is good. The stocks in the Nifty, the top 50 stocks have actually performed well and that’s why we have seen the Nifty cross the 6,000 mark which is a very historic and nice moment for NSE,” said Shanbaugh.
Stocks from auto, healthcare, power and telecom sectors recorded impressive gains.
Nifty crossed the 5,000 level on September 27 before which it was trading at lower levels.
While it took almost 203 trading sessions for it to gain thousand points from the 4,000 points, it scaled the new milestone in just 24 sessions.
“The frontline counter, reliance race is there and that is what is driving both Sensex and Nifty,” said Ganesh.
Biggest gainers were Reliance Petroleum, Larsen and Toubro, ONGC, HDFC Bank and Hindalco Industries. (ANI)
- Sensex closes flat; Hero Honda surges 18 percent - Dec 20, 2010
- Sensex plunges below 20,000-points mark - Nov 16, 2010
- Sensex soars past 18,000-points on positive Asian cues - Mar 22, 2011
- Sensex volatile; Reliance Comm, ICICI Bank plunge - Nov 18, 2010
- Sensex moves up in early trade - Dec 02, 2010
- Sensex, Nifty witness choppy session (Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- Sensex closes 171 points up at 20,060 points - Dec 21, 2010
- Sensex regains 19k level after 32 months - Sep 13, 2010
- Sensex posts fourth straight weekly gain on FII buying (Weekly Review) - Sep 25, 2010
- Sensex slips in red; Maruti, RIL slump (Second Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- Sensex slips into red in choppy trade - Dec 27, 2011
- Sensex crosses 20,000 mark in morning trade - Dec 03, 2010
- Sensex ends 24 points up; Hero Honda surges 18 percent (Roundup) - Dec 20, 2010
- Sensex turns volatile; realty, oil, gas stocks fall - Mar 22, 2012
- Sensex moves up 80 points in morning trade - Sep 22, 2010
Tags: benchmark, biggest gainers, bombay stock exchange, bse sensex, frontline, ganesh, hdfc bank, hindalco industries, impressive gains, investor optimism, larsen and toubro, market breadth, nifty, nse, ongc, reliance petroleum, share sensex, stocks, telecom sectors, trading sessions