NHAI, private firm settle Gurgaon toll plaza issueJuly 5th, 2012 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and Delhi-Gurgaon Super Connectivity Ltd’s (DGSCL), which operates the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway, Thursday told the Delhi High Court that the toll plaza and other issues between them have been settled.
“A meeting had taken place yesterday (Wednesday) between the NHAI Committee and the DGSCL and the issues between the two parties have been settled,” DGSCL told the court.
Justice S. Muralidhar posted the matter for Aug 6 after parties sought time to formalise the settlement.
The court earlier had granted two weeks to the NHAI and DGSCL to discuss the proposal for an out-of-court settlement.
The court was hearing DGSCL’s plea for a direction to stop the NHAI from taking any coercive action against it, including termination of the contract.
The relation between the two parties turned sour after the NHAI accused DGSCL of fraud in the form of refinancing the project without getting its approval.
The highways authority, while ordering termination of its deal with the private firm, had accused it of failure to improve services at the 32-lane toll plaza.
The DGSCL approached the Delhi High Court after the NHAI issued a preliminary termination notice to it Dec 7 last year, and sought the court’s direction to restrain the highways authority from taking any coercive action against it.
- Considering out-of-court solution on expressway: NHAI - Aug 06, 2012
- NHAI, Gurgaon expressway operator get time for talks - Aug 30, 2012
- Court restrains NHAI on contract termination - Mar 02, 2012
- 'Accidents rise on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway' - Apr 13, 2012
- DGSCL files contempt petition against NHAI - Mar 27, 2012
- NHAI, Gurgaon expressway operator settle dispute (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- No toll on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway for 15 days: Court - Sep 04, 2012
- Operator charges toll at two Gurgoan plazas - Sep 05, 2012
- Jam free traffic promised on Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway - Sep 19, 2012
- Top cop who took on Gurgaon toll plaza transferred - Sep 18, 2012
- Two toll employees on Gurgaon Expressway held for extortion - Sep 21, 2012
- Free ride on Gurgaon expressway till Sep 25 - Sep 20, 2012
- Toll rates hiked on Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway - Apr 01, 2010
- Protest in Chhattisgarh capital against toll plaza - Jan 11, 2012
- SC declines to interfere with expressway's toll order - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: coercive action, connectivity, court justice, court settlement, delhi high court, failure, fraud, India, national highways authority, New Delhi, nhai, plea, private firm, proposal, termination notice