Neyveli Lignite to add 250 MW power this fiscalDecember 24th, 2011 - 1:59 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 24 (IANS) Integrated mining-cum-power generation company Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC) is confident of generating 250 MW power from its two units in Rajasthan and light up two other plants at Neyveli in Tamil Nadu this fiscal.
At present, NLC has a power generation capacity of 2,490 MW.
“For the past few days Unit I at Rajasthan has been running at its full capacity and the second unit is expected to start operations early next week. We are confident that the two units would contribute to the topline this fiscal itself,” an official of the ‘mini ratna’ public sector company told IANS.
The two Rajasthan plants of 125 MW each and the two Neyveli units of 250 MW each are based on circulating fluidised bed combustion (CFBC) boilers supplied by Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL). All the CFBC boilers had developed snags delaying commercial power generation.
According to the official, the problems have now been solved at the Rajasthan and Neyveli plants.
He said after lighting up of the boilers, the power generation will be gradually increased to touch the maximum capacity.
- Neyveli Lignite set to light 250 MW unit - Nov 21, 2011
- BHEL looks at South African market for CFBC boilers - Jan 31, 2012
- Techincal problems continue to dog Neyveli lignite unit - Apr 10, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite's 250 MW boiler operating at full load - Feb 07, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite Corp to add 1,000 MW this fiscal - May 28, 2012
- BHEL to commission piping plant in Tamil Nadu in April - Jan 30, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite blames BHEL for production hitch - May 28, 2011
- Neyveli Lignite to soon finalise power equipment suppliers - May 29, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite to power capacity to 4,640 MW by 2015 - Jul 08, 2011
- Bharat Heavy Electricals dismisses Neyveli Lignite's charges - May 29, 2011
- Neyveli Lignite seeks to commission 250 MW unit in Rajasthan - Oct 10, 2009
- Neyveli Lignite to go alone on Gujarat power project - May 27, 2011
- Neyveli Lignite's power plant to be ready this fiscal - Apr 04, 2010
- Neyveli Lignite plans to enter power transmission sector - May 27, 2011
- Power project stalled as Gujarat, centre spar over allocation - Nov 14, 2010
Tags: bharat heavy electricals ltd, boilers, cfbc, chennai, combustion, commercial power generation, dec 24, few days, lignite, maximum capacity, mw power, nlc, plants, power generation capacity, power generation company, public sector company, rajasthan, snags, tamil nadu, topline