News Corp unveils first iPad daily newsFebruary 3rd, 2011 - 1:18 am ICT by BNO News
NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) — Rupert Murdoch, Chairman and CEO of News Corporation on Wednesday unveiled the first national daily news publication for iPad.
The Daily is the first news publication created exclusively for the iPad. The application was also launched in the Apple App Store. The publication was designed as new times demand new journalism, according to Murdoch.
“The magic of great newspapers lies in their serendipity and surprise, and the touch of a good editor,” said the News Corp CEO. “We’re going to bring that magic to The Daily to inform people, to make them think, to help them engage in the great issues of the day.”
The Daily uses the newest technology to create a unique mix of text, photography, audio, video, information graphics, touch interactivity and real-time data and social feeds.
“News Corp is redefining the news experience with The Daily,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “We think it is terrific and iPad users are really going to embrace it.”
The application is available on the App Store as a subscription at just 99 cents a week or $39.99 per year. The Daily is led by Editor-in-Chief Jesse Angelo and Publisher Greg Clayman.
The publication is expected to publish up to 100 pages per day. The content will be focused on six key areas: news, sports, gossip and celebrity, opinion, arts and life, and apps and games.
Subscribers will also be allowed to leave comments on the stories in text or audio form. In addition, The Daily will feature Sudoku and crossword puzzles, localized weather reports, and a customizable sports package.
The application features highly intuitive navigation tools that facilitate browsing content. The articles can also be shared via Facebook, Twitter and email. Advertising is offered in completely interactive full-page ad units that can be customized.
“We believe The Daily will be the model for how stories are told and consumed in this digital age,” Murdoch concluded.
- News Corp launches iPad only newspaper - Feb 03, 2011
- News Corp To Launch iPad Only Newspaper - Jan 13, 2011
- News Corp to launch digital newspaper on the iPad - Jan 12, 2011
- 'Waste Land' app released - Jun 08, 2011
- Launch of iPad-Only paper delayed - Jan 29, 2011
- iPad newspaper all set to launch soon - Jan 11, 2011
- Apple sells one million iPads - May 03, 2010
- 'The Daily', a newspaper for iPad - Feb 03, 2011
- Apple sells 3 million iPads in 80 days - Jun 23, 2010
- Playboy forced to cover up in iPads due to Steve Jobs' anti-porn policy - Aug 13, 2010
- Chinese writers target App Store - Mar 20, 2012
- iPad Available in US on April 3 - Mar 05, 2010
- Richard Branson unveils digital mag for iPad - Dec 01, 2010
- Now, download divorce advice using new iPhone app! - Apr 15, 2011
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
Tags: bno, crossword puzzles, daily news new york, first news, information graphics, intuitive navigation, navigation tools, new journalism, newest technology, news corp, news corporation, news new york, real time data, rupert murdoch, steve jobs, steve jobs apple, twitter, unique mix, video information, weather reports