New system to ensure smoother travel planning launchedSeptember 8th, 2010 - 12:18 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 7 (IANS) The Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI) Tuesday launched a new software system that will streamline the booking arrangements between consumers and travel agents to facilitate quicker and smoother planning of tours.
“This software will act as a search engine that will facilitate the planning of a tour for the customer. Hotel bookings and airline ticketing will both be accomplished through this window,” TAAI president Rajji Rai said.
The application, System One, will only be available to agents registered with TAAI. Rai said that he expected an emphatic response from all the 2,500 odd member travel agents from across the country and said that he was hopeful of roping in at least half of them by the start of the next year.
A total of five airlines - Air India, Jet Airways, Kingfisher, Thai and Bangkok Airways have tied up with TAAI promising best offers and low fares, on their airlines.
“One issue that System One will solve will be of bringing all agents to a single platform. Earlier bigger agents, based on their sales volume, would get better offers from hotels and airlines, now with System One everyone will be on an equal footing,” TAAI vice president Jagdeep Rikhy told IANS.
- Myanmar to introduce e-visa system - Feb 01, 2012
- Kerala firm inks deal with Italian cargo airline - May 26, 2011
- Polish Airlines opts for Technopark IT firm's software - Aug 09, 2012
- Bangkok Airways connects Bangalore and Thailand - Oct 04, 2011
- Lifetime achievement travel award for Jet Airways chairman - Aug 07, 2010
- Games tourists - will they come in droves? - Sep 19, 2010
- IBS successfully implemented 55 solutions in 2010: CEO - Jan 26, 2011
- CWG blues: Officials concede only few tourists may visit Delhi - Sep 26, 2010
- IATA suspends Kingfisher from two more inter-airline transaction systems (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Negative CWG publicity has hurt tourism: Selja - Sep 27, 2010
- Scottish delegation on promotional visit to India - Oct 09, 2010
- Foreign airlines asked to review 'zero commission' to agents - Mar 12, 2010
- Myanmar to launch new private airline - Jan 25, 2011
- Kerala IT firm wins global air cargo award - Sep 06, 2012
- Kingfisher to join oneworld airline alliance from February - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: air india, application system, bangkok airways, best offers, booking arrangements, equal footing, hotel bookings, jagdeep, jet airways, kingfisher, low fares, member travel, New Delhi, new software, rai, sales volume, software system, taai, travel agents, travel planning