New system soon to book train e-ticketsSeptember 14th, 2012 - 4:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 14 (IANS) The railways are introducing another system to book e-tickets.
This will involve the Interbank Mobile Payment Service, railway sources said Friday.
“Even if one does not have a credit or debit card or net banking facility, he may still be able to book a rail e-ticket making the payment through IMPS,” an Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corp official said.
The IRCTC books more than four lakh e-tickets a day.
According to the officials, until now passengers used to pay for their e-tickets through credit cards, debit cards or net banking facilites.
“Now they will have IMPS as one more option,” an official said.
However, initially, IMPS users can make the payment only through internet in the IRCTC’s e-ticketing website.
Later, the facility will be available through mobile phone, officials said, adding that the IMPS allows instant interbank fund transfer and 24×7 availability. He said IMPS would save time and also provide security.
The IRCTC is also planning to launch another system in which a user will be able to book tickets against advance money kept with the corporation.
Under the new scheme, called Rolling Deposit Scheme (RDS), a user can deposit money in advance with IRCTC and use it as a payment option amongst other payment options for paying money at the time of booking tickets.
- Now, book and pay for Air India tickets from your mobile - Mar 20, 2012
- Railways to further curb misuse of Tatkal facility - Oct 20, 2011
- Jet Airways introduces mobile ticketing - Jun 24, 2011
- Railway ticket booking site made more accessible to common man - Jul 14, 2010
- Reliance Capital arm launches mobile-based payment system - Aug 09, 2012
- Travel/web agents barred from booking on-line from 8-9 a.m. - Jul 14, 2010
- Railways to curb Tatkal misuse - Nov 11, 2011
- Now, AC passengers on trains to need IDs - Jan 20, 2012
- Now call to book train tickets - Oct 19, 2011
- Railways, ITDC jointly offer tourism services - May 24, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,